chevy transmission

deuce

I have a 2001 chevy 1500 z71 and the transmission started to slip today. It will shift into overdrive but as soon as you hit the gas it revs up and then downshifts. It also slips a little in the lower gears. I got it home and don't want to drive it and cause further damage. Has anyone had this problem and if they have about how much did it cost to repair? Would it be cheaper to just buy a rebuilt tranny? :beercheers:

I have a 2001 chevy 1500 z71 and the transmission started to slip today. It will shift into overdrive but as soon as you hit the gas it revs up and then downshifts. It also slips a little in the lower gears. I got it home and don't want to drive it and cause further damage. Has anyone had this problem and if they have about how much did it cost to repair? Would it be cheaper to just buy a rebuilt tranny? :laughoff:

AAAAAAAAAAA Billlllllllll,

Check with dr.richards. Jason is cool peeps. :redneck: I think he's in Vegas.

If you want help down here, Call Mark Bell.

He owns Wilson and Bell Auto on 8th and Vineyard in Rancho.

He's been rebuilding trannys for a long time. Honest shop.

Just another option for ya. :D

Good luck with the trans. :beercheers:

R-

Thanks for the options. I was actually looking for a place down in Rancho. I'm not sure about some of these high desert mechanics and I haven't lived here long enough to find a good one. Randy, I have heard about that place, I think Jerry from Rancho auto told me about them. At least this happened when the dune season was pretty much over.

True Bill and at the least you still a have a car to get around in. :drinkbeer:

Marc Bell is a great guy and runs a great shop also. :beercheers:

I had to replace my tranny 2 years ago. That thing is gone for sure. :beercheers: