sinister sand sports

Gazlay43

we would be using it in the sand

If you don't have to have reverse than the sprocket drive is a lot of fun, if you have to have reverse, you can have the live axles and have just as much fun, only slightly less hp, but if you want turning brakes you would need the reverse diff unit which is about 30 pounds heavier and will loose a little more hp. It won't loose all by any means, but you rob hp going through gears and secondary chains where the sprocket drive is direct and the most effeciant for hp to the ground..

about how many horses does that take away?

i am in las vegas,nv

Not exactly sure, but Tom Pro uses the units and says it takes 5 hp which really isn't that much.....

Yoshi,

my biggest question is,

using a Yamaha R1 motor, do you have the set up for that? there are reasons i would like to use the R1 motor. how adaptable do you think it would be instead of the busa motor?

Yoshi,

my biggest question is,

using a Yamaha R1 motor, do you have the set up for that? there are reasons i would like to use the R1 motor. how adaptable do you think it would be instead of the busa motor?

In my rail I only offer the busa powerplant, but if you were to get a roller package and I could leave out the few tubes that actually attach to the busa powerplant. You could do the R1 instal yourself, and the total to build the rail would be about 9k cheaper than buying the complete from me. All the structural welding is done minus the powerplant, so if your fairly handy with bolting and wiring up parts, you only need minor welding for the motor and the tabs for the gas tank, radiator, gas tank, etc.. I am really too busy trying to fill orders to do a one off and line up another powerplant. I could also build a complete rail that is fully assembled without the powerplant tabs, you could let the air outta the shocks, take the wheels off and set up the frame for the powerplant of your choice, I take off 4k for no motor and instal on my completes.

Edited by Yoshi

Yoshi,

my biggest question is,

Why would you want to go with an R1 over a busa? :think::slap: gGo with a busa, Cole. They are amazing motors. :driver::headbang1:

That would be my wife, and she is still costing me to this day so I wouldn't recommend that option, lol...

:laughing::idiot::laughoff::clap: