2000 DS650 motor work

THE BOMB

The Bomb is completely torn down, powdercoated, ready for some serious motor work. Is there anyone in town good with Bombardiers or should I send it out of town? I want head porting, matched cams/piston, more hp, but still run on pump gas. Input? "Building a better bomb!"

i am sure aceisback will chime in here too.

pretty much, all the ds650 people are isolated around the country. there is mr. hp back in kentucky, on dunes somewhere in the western US, woods racing, and a couple others like pami etc

check out atv connection in the can-am forum, as well as the on dunes dot com forums, as that is where the ds650 big boys hang out. they would be able to give you a wealth of information on the subject.

i know ace went with a high comp piston on his son's bike... and i havent heard the end result yet...

Ive heard the Pami stuff is the sh*t but very pricey.

they are decent...the guys who have done all the dyno work, and have the high hp stuff for the DS is mr. hp, but i have heard they are having people reliability issues, like not returning phone calls, not shipping stuff, etc...

Whats up Greg. It's about time you got workin on that thing! :laughoff: Wasn't that New Year's when it broke?

Dunefreak, yeah, I've been busy working too many hours. Between the rail and the Bomb they're draining the bank. the quad should be ready to go sometime next season. I have to devide my time between the rail and the quad. Rail.....I finally received the remainder of the parts you know who owed me. Tranny is in, exhaust is done, driveshaft is in, steering column is next and then plumbing (lots of plumbing).......maybe running by next summer! I hear your new ride is awesome!

Dunefreak, yeah, I've been busy working too many hours. Between the rail and the Bomb they're draining the bank. the quad should be ready to go sometime next season. I have to devide my time between the rail and the quad. Rail.....I finally received the remainder of the parts you know who owed me. Tranny is in, exhaust is done, driveshaft is in, steering column is next and then plumbing (lots of plumbing).......maybe running by next summer! I hear your new ride is awesome!

Sweet! Keep us posted on the progress. :laughoff: