Yfz Oil mod

wingnut

I was wondering if anyone has done the "Oil Mod" to their 04-06 yfz. If so did you do it yourself.....Recommend a shop to have it done????

I have mine done, but I did not do it myself, www.Kenzcycletech.com did mine. There are post all over the net on how to do it with photo's. Check out www.yfzcentral.com, www.yfztech.com or www.bluetraxx.com. Here is a good link craig it has photos.http://www.yfzcentral.com/invision/index.p...&hl=oil+mod

Edited by mineurbiz

Thanks guys.... There are a few ways to do the oil mod. I'm not doing the one where the cases need to be split. My motor has way to few hours on it to split it. I'm just doing the "case cover mod" for the squirter. The wr mod is for 04-05. The 06 and 07 already have the longer rod.

Edited by wingnut

Thanks guys.... There are a few ways to do the oil mod. I'm not doing the one where the cases need to be split. My motor has way to few hours on it to split it. I'm just doing the "case cover mod" for the squirter. The wr mod is for 04-05. The 06 and 07 already have the longer rod.

Since I am no WR pro, I wanted to verify some info and these guys have some tips.

http://www.yfztech.com/forum/index.php?sho...mp;#entry128778

• 2 weeks later...

there is an oil mod kit out that does not require the engine even coming out of the frame and it is all bolt on parts from yamaha. the kit is $325 and i got mine from pdr which is on the yfztech.com web site go down to the vendors and look for pdr. they even have a thread in the tech section with pics for a step by step on how to do it.