AJS Sequential shifters

OGP

Jeff from Bad medicine motorsports came by yesterday and picked up my car for a tranny freshening and some off season maintenance. Sand sports magazine is going to do an article on the installation of an AJS sequential shifter on a mendi trans, and needed a donor car. Well Ive been wanting to go seqential shift, So I gave Jeff the go ahead to install this new shifter. Is there anything about this shifter that I might be concerned about? I am going with the reverse lockout feature so accidental reverse is not possible. Any input would be appreciated. :thumbsdown:

Everything i have read said everyone loved them. They were a bit tight to fit on rear engine cars. I know a few have put them in their Desert Dynamics cars and had to masage the torsion housing a little bit to get it to fit right. They claim the nose cone that comes with them isnt any longer than a sock mendi cone but they actually are when you add the box on the back of it for the hydraulic lines. Other than that everyone seems to love em.

Everything i have read said everyone loved them. They were a bit tight to fit on rear engine cars. I know a few have put them in their Desert Dynamics cars and had to masage the torsion housing a little bit to get it to fit right. They claim the nose cone that comes with them isnt any longer than a sock mendi cone but they actually are when you add the box on the back of it for the hydraulic lines. Other than that everyone seems to love em.

I never seen a Desert Dynamics car with a torsion housing. Mine doesn't have a torsion housing.

ohh you know what im talking about that damn lateral bar thats back there where the trailing arms mount too... formally iknown as a torsion housing when using swingaxle crapola.. :D

ohh you know what im talking about that damn lateral bar thats back there where the trailing arms mount too... formally iknown as a torsion housing when using swingaxle crapola.. :D

I know what you're talking about. I was just givin' you a bad time. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I’m putting one in my car, but I won’t have it together until the end of September (I hope).

I have talked with a few guys that run them and they have nothing but positive things to say about them…

:freakin_nuts: