exhaust for crf450?

Scadigan

Hey i just bought an 06 crf450r and it is fast as hell already but i was wondering what the best exhaust would be for it. Im not looking to buy one anytime soon considering im still making payments but i will get eventually so if anyone has any ideas just let me know thanks.. Oh and also i was going to buy a new rear rim so i can just swap the paddle and nobby and i saw those warp 9 wheels for like 380 bucks and was wondering if they were any good.

I would log on to dirtbike or dirtrider and read the pipe shootout. You will be surprised that the pipes don't do much more then the stock crf pipe. Most of them will cause a loss of power some where in the power band. I would suggest you go up to a 51 or 52 tooth rear sprocket(Not aluminum) those bikes are geared WAY to tall for the sand. I bought a warp 9 wheel, complete, ready to bolt on with a paddle for 330.00 at cyclegear on sale last year. Good luck!! :thumb:

I agree with Craig. I have an '03 450. As soon as I bought it I put a White Bros R4 set-up on it, and re-jetted as instructed. Somewhere along the line the R4 got "bent". Anyway, I put the stocker back on......and low and behold.....no difference!

The sprocket change is a huge diff however.

hmm ok well then i might as well not even waste the money cause i guess they couldnt really make much of a diff cause i was racing piped crf 450s at comp and didnt get beat once..but ill have to look into the sprocket sounds much cheaper then buying an exhaust :D

we put the white bros e2 slip on and my sons 05 he saise theres alot of difference. it comes with a 165 jet but the stock bike has a 168 so we didnt change that. well see how it dunes this weekend with the e2.

it also came with a trail baffel looks like a coned screen they said pull it for racing. lol my son didnt even put it in :thumb:

Edited by barefoot bob

• 2 weeks later...

my old boss put a fmf megabomb header and the quiet core can on his bike... he said the bottom end that he gained was pretty damn decent.. but for our type of riding it wouldnt do you much good... Other than that most of the pipes are look at me bling and offer very little performance gains... if i were to buy a pipe for my bike, yamaha dr. d all the way, honda i would probably go white brothers..