Oct 6th at Dumont

Rob Sanders

Well......I did race a black YFZ who would always jump before anyone was even ready to launch ( and no, I do not mean he just got the holeshot fairly). I bet that made him feel real proud to win every race by launching before everyone. I was on a black raptor and I could maintain with the guy . Would have been a good race if he would wait till I was ready. .. I mean, as soon as I just looked at him to see if he wanted to race , he would just take off..... That guy would have red lighted every time with a tree. I did not see the yellow raptors getting spanked, I must have been out there at a different time. He did this to everyone, not just me...... I heard several people calling that guy a few nice names. Oh well, it was just for fun.

Edited by ssfull

Well......I did race a black YFZ who would always jump before anyone was even ready to launch ( and no, I do not mean he just got the holeshot fairly). I bet that made him feel real proud to win every race by launching before everyone. I was on a black raptor and I could maintain with the guy . Would have been a good race if he would wait till I was ready. .. I mean, as soon as I just looked at him to see if he wanted to race , he would just take off..... That guy would have red lighted every time with a tree. I did not see the yellow raptors getting spanked, I must have been out there at a different time. He did this to everyone, not just me...... I heard several people calling that guy a few nice names. Oh well, it was just for fun.

I am pretty sure that the black YFZ you are refering to would have won either way, I watched them all day and never saw them doing that. You also have to think, without a tree, they do not know when you will launch so if they think you are going to hit it they want to also. For someone to be unfairly starting would be to roll in and never come to a stop.

how did the ltr do against the yamaha and honda 450

I don't think the competition was against manufacturers, but more to show what some 450 based quad (from all makes) could do against a 727 and the 450's came out fighting. :boxer:

I am pretty sure that the black YFZ you are refering to would have won either way, I watched them all day and never saw them doing that. You also have to think, without a tree, they do not know when you will launch so if they think you are going to hit it they want to also. For someone to be unfairly starting would be to roll in and never come to a stop.

I don't think the competition was against manufacturers, but more to show what some 450 based quad (from all makes) could do against a 727 and the 450's came out fighting. :boxer:

I guess maybe I am used to lining up and waiting for all my friends to line up. We all look at each other first and rev about three times before launching. I am not used to someone just pulling up , tapping the front brakes and shootin'. And don't get me wrong , the YFZ was fast as H *** , very nice bike. I just wished I could have seen how my bike did compared to his.

how did the ltr do against the yamaha and honda 450

With equal weight rider the LTR and the YFZ were close...YFZ had a little more on the big end though.

I didnt see a Honda out there that woulda came close to either the LTR or YFZ(both bikes are built and there wasnt many people out there)

Musta been a different guy because the people we were racing didnt need to get holeshotted.

Musta been a different guy because the people we were racing didnt need to get holeshotted.

Yeah I think so , because I did not see any yellow raptors racing when we were there. It was a fun day though until the WIND picked up to 1000 MPH. Then it became a little rough to run the ridges without getting blasted

Edited by ssfull

SSFULL,that was me racing you on Danny's YFZ Stockbore.The way WE race is when we both make eye contact its time to leave.Just because you and your buddies all wait and wish each other luck, rev 3 times then leave doesnt mean we do it that way.I stopped,waited for you to roll up,you looked at me and it was on.Its heads up racing bro,not organized tree light racing.Your Raptor wasnt fast enough whether you got the hole shot or not,be honest here.I NEVER ONCE ROLLSTARTED YOU.Thats what would be considered unfairly starting early.Stop complaining.How big is your Raptor anyway.You were racing a stockbore with a 210 pound pilot.What more would you want?On top of all that i was trying to race only you during that time,not your friends.I believe a CR500 was running with us also.After we were done he came over and congratulated us on a great running bike.All your buddies calling me names ehh,why didnt you just stop by and tell me what you thought?we were parked right at the hill.Bottom line is we are all out there for the same thing,and thats to have fun.If you thought you were unfairly raced against you should have come over and asked for someone to start us and we could have ran again.You didnt though you just came home and complained on the net.Thats on you.Next time we can have a flagged start if it makes you feel better.OK...

SSFULL,that was me racing you on Danny's YFZ Stockbore.The way WE race is when we both make eye contact its time to leave.Just because you and your buddies all wait and wish each other luck, rev 3 times then leave doesnt mean we do it that way.I stopped,waited for you to roll up,you looked at me and it was on.Its heads up racing bro,not organized tree light racing.Your Raptor wasnt fast enough whether you got the hole shot or not,be honest here.I NEVER ONCE ROLLSTARTED YOU.Thats what would be considered unfairly starting early.Stop complaining.How big is your Raptor anyway.You were racing a stockbore with a 210 pound pilot.What more would you want?On top of all that i was trying to race only you during that time,not your friends.I believe a CR500 was running with us also.After we were done he came over and congratulated us on a great running bike.All your buddies calling me names ehh,why didnt you just stop by and tell me what you thought?we were parked right at the hill.Bottom line is we are all out there for the same thing,and thats to have fun.If you thought you were unfairly raced against you should have come over and asked for someone to start us and we could have ran again.You didnt though you just came home and complained on the net.Thats on you.Next time we can have a flagged start if it makes you feel better.OK...

Calm Down..... I guess it is just different ways of racing. It just caught me by surprise when you launched at eye contact......as I stated above , that YFZ is FAST, and I am not saying I could beat it. My bike is not built entirely for dragging , just for fun. It is wide and heavy. I never said you never rollstarted me either. I only visit Dumont a couple/three times a year, so maybe I am the one that misunderstands the racing style out there. Anyway...... nice job , fast bike....

Just want to give John H and Bryan alot of props.You guys got the LTR haulin some A$$.Nice job!!I know we all talked alot of crap but you guys really showed up with a strong runner.When bryan and i raced with me on danny's stockbore,i could just edge him out at the top of the hill.I was really surprised how well you guys did on it.Congrats!!I think we are all ready for Halloween.

Edited by Sand_YFZ

Calm Down..... I guess it is just different ways of racing. It just caught me by surprise when you launched at eye contact......as I stated above , that YFZ is FAST, and I am not saying I could beat it. My bike is not built entirely for dragging , just for fun. It is wide and heavy. I never said you never rollstarted me either. I only visit Dumont a couple/three times a year, so maybe I am the one that misunderstands the racing style out there. Anyway...... nice job , fast bike....

SSFULL im not worked up :D SEE!!!JK...anyway,that is all it is.Different techniques.We all know what to expect,just like you and your friends.Its all good.We had fun.Take care.

Just want to give John H and Brayn alot of props.You guys got the LTR haulin some A$$.Nice job!!I know we all talked alot of crap but you guys really showed up with a strong runner.When bryan and i raced with me on danny's stockbore,i could just edge him out at the top of the hill.I was really surprised how well you guys did on it.Congrats!!I think we are all ready for Halloween.

Thanks man. It's getting there. Hopefully Bryan can get some love from FedEx by Halloween. It will be cutting it close though. :boxer:

SSFULL im not worked up :D SEE!!!JK...anyway,that is all it is.Different techniques.We all know what to expect,just like you and your friends.Its all good.We had fun.Take care.

Sand YFZ..... no hard feelings. We had a great time to until the winds picked up after noon. Got a little nasty runnin' the dunes. And one of my friends jacked up his wrist on a hard landing from a jump, he was out for the day....other than that it was all good. Take care man !!

Sand YFZ..... no hard feelings. We had a great time to until the winds picked up after noon. Got a little nasty runnin' the dunes. And one of my friends jacked up his wrist on a hard landing from a jump, he was out for the day....other than that it was all good. Take care man !!

we had a great time also...except for my son dissapearing on sat night for about 2 hrs (hes 6)(at dark) he took off looking for me and my wife thought he was with me :boxer: notified rangers and ran from camp to camp looking for him and finally found him. he was with some campers from california THANK YOU!!

they said he was driving around for about an hour so they told him to stay with them and then they took him around looking for us.. finally he was found and we were very and i stress VERY relieved.

thanks to anyone that was involved with the search!!

Capt