Opinion on NEW TRUCK..WHICH ONE

1BADYFZ

No way are those only 33's. 22.5 wheels are huge. Most you talk to on the Dodge forums reccomend at LEAST a 2 inch leveling kit for them! Most I have looked at are a minimum of like a small 37.

An example...

Tire Size

Ply - Load Range

Overall Diameter

Single Max Load

Price Each

255/70-22.5

16 - H

36.3"

5510 lbs. - 120 Psi.

$235.99

and another...

Tire Size

Ply - Load Range

Overall Diameter

Single Max Load

Price Each

255/70-22.5

16 - H

36.9"

5510 lbs. - 120 Psi.

$325.99

I would HIGHLY advise at least 4.10's with 22.5's IF you are towing anything heavy!!!

you are not going to get anything more then 35.1" out of a 255/70-22.5 I have a set sitting on a 07 dodge megacab WITH the 5.9 in my driveway. If you would like some first hand experience with this stop by my shop in the morning. You can take a look, take a drive, and drag race my OTHER 5.9 megacab. Both 07s and both have within 1k of the sam mileage. Stock on one and SINGLE rear wheel and 22.5s on the other with an exhaust and intake it will flat SMOKE the single rear wheel. I mean leave it in the dust. If you would like to hook on to the 17k trailer and take it for a spin Ill show you towing 17k does not show any effect on power or EGT when running the 22.5s over the single rear wheel....

I do not need to read internet forums for my info. i may have been off on the 33 as they are right a hair over 35s... ( I was stabbing in the dark) I drive one everyday!!

IMG_5024-1.jpg

IMG_5026-1.jpg

IMG_5025-1.jpg

Edited by Vegashd

you are not going to get anything more then 35.1" out of a 255/70-22.5 I have a set sitting on a 07 dodge megacab WITH the 5.9 in my driveway. If you would like some first hand experience with this stop by my shop in the morning. You can take a look, take a drive, and drag race my OTHER 5.9 megacab. Both 07s and both have within 1k of the sam mileage. Stock on one and SINGLE rear wheel and 22.5s on the other with an exhaust and intake it will flat SMOKE the single rear wheel. I mean leave it in the dust. If you would like to hook on to the 17k trailer and take it for a spin Ill show you towing 17k does not show any effect on power or EGT when running the 22.5s over the single rear wheel....

I do not need to read internet forums for my info. i may have been off on the 33 as they are right a hair over 35s... ( I was stabbing in the dark) I drive one everyday!!

Your right, why was I thinking that gears would have ANYTHING to do with tire size! :laughoff::laughoff:

Your right, why was I thinking that gears would have ANYTHING to do with tire size! :laughoff::laughoff:

No where did I say that Gears had nothing to do with Tire size....

Here is what you put

oes the Dodge have the 4.10 rearend? Might want to consider that if you pick the dually with those 22.5's! My choice would be the Dodge, hands down!

What I replied is that the dually wheels and tire size is not going to cause a drastic need for re-gearing or it having to have 4.10 gears in the truck, even when towing! If you are going to argue, get the facts straight. If you are going to try to castigate me at least do it with the words and intentions I used it in.

So is this what your saying, that because it's a dually it has no need for a re-gear if you run a bigger wheel and tire combo? But on a SRW you would need to re-gear with a bigger wheel and tire combo?

• 3 weeks later...

So is this what your saying, that because it's a dually it has no need for a re-gear if you run a bigger wheel and tire combo? But on a SRW you would need to re-gear with a bigger wheel and tire combo?

sorry, semi wheels... once again you know what I was saying..........