Opinion on NEW TRUCK..WHICH ONE

1BADYFZ

2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Crew Cab Dually - Leather 4x4 - Diesel - Big Bad Lifted Truck w/ Heavy Duty 10 Lug Diesel Wheels and Tires!!!!!

Check out the Tires - They are almost like new!!!

2005 Dodge Ram 3500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD DRW (5.9L 6cylTC ) with Bright Silver Metallic Clearcoat Exterior, Tan Interior. Loaded with Power Front Passenger Seat, Garage Door Opener, AM/FM/CD Audio System, Camper/Towing Package, Power Exterior Mirrors, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Chrome Wheels, 5.9L Turbocharged Diesel I6 OHV 24V FI Engine and more.

truck.jpg

dodge2.jpg

dodge3.jpg

next truck...

2005 Ford F-350 Crew Cab FX4 4x4 Diesel Lariat - Very Clean - Only 58K Miles!!

2005 Ford F-350 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD (6L 8cylTC ) with Black Clearcoat/Arizona Beige Exterior, Gray Interior. Loaded with Captain Chairs (2), 6.0L Turbocharged Diesel V8 OHV 32V FI Engine, FX4 Off-Road Suspension Package, Power Heated Mirrors, Side Steps, Heated Driver Seat, Power Horizontal Sliding Rear Window, Power Adjustable Pedals and more.

This one also comes with a nicely done lift and polished wheels - nice!!

truck2.jpg

ford1.jpg

ford2.jpg

Im in the market for one of these badboy's, they are going to come from TEXAS and be delivered if i go that route, the prices are great and the trucks are awsome, do you think the duelly is too big for me, i will use the power with pulling the trailer and bikes but to methe dodge is just bad a$$......

WOW, I am not a Dodge guy (well truck) but that is one sexy looking Dodge, and will tow just about anything you put behind it.

The question is do you want that beast as your daily driver?

If it were I, Id go with the Ford, just for the reason I mentioned above, but I'd see if they have a short box (personal prefference) and the Ford will pull just about anything you have as well.

I have that same ford in Silver... I love the truck... The dodge however is a good deal... they are always lower in price.. there interior sucks... but if you can look over that your ok...

Duleys suck for anything else than towing.. My buddy has that same setup except in a Ford and sometimes he cant fit in some places... lol

sweet trucks./

So the ford does look like it has a long bed huh? Yea that is the question on the daily driver so i will have to choose, the thing is My wife works 5 minutes from the house but not sure if i want her to drive this bad boy, she already drives my 7" ram 1500 to work and does good besides the big arse dent she made when she pulled out of the driveway like a bat out of hell..

This company had a few Dodge ram 2500 Mega cab4x4 with the cummings but they sold them all, if i can find the dodge liek they had i will get that without a lift..

So the ford does look like it has a long bed huh? Yea that is the question on the daily driver so i will have to choose, the thing is My wife works 5 minutes from the house but not sure if i want her to drive this bad boy, she already drives my 7" ram 1500 to work and does good besides the big arse dent she made when she pulled out of the driveway like a bat out of hell..

This company had a few Dodge ram 2500 Mega cab4x4 with the cummings but they sold them all, if i can find the dodge liek they had i will get that without a lift..

Yeap Def a 8' bed on that bad boy, and with the crew cab that bioot_h will be LOOOONG.

I have the 6' crew cab and it tough in certain parking lots, you learn to back in allot

Edited by Paul Rob

yeah my wife was driving the F350 super crew long bed... and it made me nervous... she use to drive a 7" lifted expedition and she did ok in it.. but this truck is just to long to park and turn and what not for her... so I parked it and gave her the Nissan Altima....

I wouldn't do it as a daily driver... its a rough drive.... because of there size...

My bro has been working at a Ford dealership for 20 years doing front ends and alignments, as well as lift kits.

He says the 6.0 dielsel is one of the crappiest motors his guys have seen. Lots of problems. Guys were comin to the dealership and throwing thier keys on the ground saying take it back.

Dodge has thier problems too, but I would probably stick with the Dodge.

Really think about the mega cab. Are you willing to give up bed room for leg room in the rear seat that won't be used 99% of the time? If the passengers don't like the room in my quad cab, they can walk! But you can put more groceries in the back seat. Get the dually Dodge!

I already have a short bed dodge and it fits my quad just fine or anything else that dont fit in the hauler. I need the rear room for the family, I have 3 kids and they are all back there when we leave camping so that is important. The standard cab is nice but way smaller compared to the mega cab.

If i were single i would do it again and not worry about it and with the mega cab the wife is happy and a step farther from a min van that holds 7 people..lol

:ban-split:

I already have a short bed dodge and it fits my quad just fine or anything else that dont fit in the hauler. I need the rear room for the family, I have 3 kids and they are all back there when we leave camping so that is important. The standard cab is nice but way smaller compared to the mega cab.

If i were single i would do it again and not worry about it and with the mega cab the wife is happy and a step farther from a min van that holds 7 people..lol

I am glad you responded to my opinion. :beer_bang:

It appears you have answered your own question. Get what you need. The dually is kick azz, but, you have a family to think about and you can do just fine with a short bed. In that case, get what you want. Don't settle for less because its a good deal. If your gonna drop $40K+, you had better get what you want/need and nothing else! Geta megacab diesel!! If you can find one, get the 5.9 diesel. Still have some issues with the 6.7.

:MBdance:

Go with the Dodge. The 6.0 liter Ford is garbage. The new 6.4 Fords have been holding up good so far, but we don't know their reliablility over the long term. The 5.9 Cummins is a proven engine so that would be the way to go. My dream truck is a Mega Cab Long Bed. http://www.megacablongbed.com These guys supposedly will put a long bed on for $6,000. My co-worker says there is a shop in Utah that does this too, as he is buying one.

BTW, what are they asking for that silver Dodge on the 10 lugs? That truck is NICE!

Edited by Quadzilladude

They want like 28K or less for it, do a search on EBAY for dodge ram 2500 mega cab and it will come up, they are in texas(texas auto direct) and do good buisness. My wifes work orders truck from them all the time, they have a crap load of inventory out there..

thanks for the help guy's it's been 6 years and i regret not getting what i wanted before so that wont happen again.

• 2 weeks later...

22s or not the tires are only like a 33 so no big deal if it is 3.73s.

I love the dodges and have a megacab diesel 5.9 2007. i have someone who can usualy find you a good deal on one.

even the new ford is having ALOT of problems.

No way are those only 33's. 22.5 wheels are huge. Most you talk to on the Dodge forums reccomend at LEAST a 2 inch leveling kit for them! Most I have looked at are a minimum of like a small 37.

An example...

Tire Size

Ply - Load Range

Overall Diameter

Single Max Load

Price Each

255/70-22.5

16 - H

36.3"

5510 lbs. - 120 Psi.

$235.99

and another...

Tire Size

Ply - Load Range

Overall Diameter

Single Max Load

Price Each

255/70-22.5

16 - H

36.9"

5510 lbs. - 120 Psi.

$325.99

I would HIGHLY advise at least 4.10's with 22.5's IF you are towing anything heavy!!!