Rhino Tires

Kitcat

What are the best overall tires to use for Rhinos? We are usually in the sand, but we do some trail riding in Utah and other places. We don't have a Rhino - yet - but we're looking into our options!

Thanks a bunch!!! :DDRrocks::MBdance:

What are the best overall tires to use for Rhinos? We are usually in the sand, but we do some trail riding in Utah and other places. We don't have a Rhino - yet - but we're looking into our options!

Thanks a bunch!!! :MBdance::idea:

Me and sMitty use 26 inch Terra cross....no need to get the paddles unless u want to lay-down sum power in the sand......just air down and they do fine...then, u wont have to switch them out to ride the trails!!!

(PM "Sand Blasted"...thts whr I got mine...his ad on front page..."Extreme Outdoors) :DDRrocks:

I have done a lot of reading on this from many forums and I must agree with avduner, get the bighorns in stock size. They work good for dirt and sand, some even say are work as good as paddles in the dunes.

I agree on the big horns, i noticed alot of the desert racers run those. The lugs on the treads run around the sidewall where most tires do not . I have the ITP XTR 's right now. and i think the XTR stands for

.....X-tra Tire Repair, cause ask anyone on this forum who has rode with me in the desert, i stop several times on our trips to plug these beach's ! A few of my tires look like f-in porkupines from all the plugs. I think my next set will be big horns, last time i ck'd the terra cross wasn't made in a 12'' model yet, but i'm sure that has changed ? Try'n to drive like Robbie Gordon probably doesn't help either . :flipoff::thumb:

well I have 2 sets one for Utah and one for the Dunes.

Terra Cross for Utah, and sand stars for dunes.

what I would recomend is that if you go with one tire for all, the Terra Cross is a great all around tire, but stay at 25". I didnt I have 27" on my Terra Cross, and that is OK for the mountains and the extra clearance is nice, but that the dunes those 27" tires suck up LOTS of power! but the sand stars ROCK!!!!!!!in the dunes

Edited by Paul Rob

well I have 2 sets one for Utah and one for the Dunes.

Terra Cross for Utah, and sand stars for dunes.

what I would recomend is that if you go with one tire for all, the Terra Cross is a great all around tire, but stay at 25". I didnt I have 27" on my Terra Cross, and that is OK for the mountains and the extra clearance is nice, but that the dunes those 27" tires suck up LOTS of power! but the sand stars ROCK!!!!!!!in the dunes

[/quote)

i agree on the NO 27" at the dunes, u will feel like u are draggin another rhino around behind u (with flat tires) need mucho Horsey's to make that set up work. Stick with the 25" er's and it will increase your

"Smiles per Hour" ( u can use that later if u'd like ) be sure and tip your waitress.... i'll be here all week !!!! :laughing:

Edited by MCGYVER

I agree on the big horns, i noticed alot of the desert racers run those. The lugs on the treads run around the sidewall where most tires do not . I have the ITP XTR 's right now. and i think the XTR stands for

.....X-tra Tire Repair, cause ask anyone on this forum who has rode with me in the desert, i stop several times on our trips to plug these beach's ! A few of my tires look like f-in porkupines from all the plugs. I think my next set will be big horns, last time i ck'd the terra cross wasn't made in a 12'' model yet, but i'm sure that has changed ? Try'n to drive like Robbie Gordon probably doesn't help either . :think::blink:

Thanks for the feedback. My husband has been doing some reading on other forums and told me the Big Horns were what everyone was raving about.

:laughing:

My hubby took me to Extreme Motorsports yesterday to check out Rhino rims and tires. I really like the chrome wheels - they look hot!!! However, we can't decide what set up to use. Do we go with the 2" wheel spacers for now and use the stock tires in regular terrain and a smoothie/paddle set up for the dunes? Do we get the 14" wheels with the 26" tires with the 2/5 or 5/2 set up to give us extra width? Do we go with the 12" tires and 25" wheels? :laughing: We have about a month to figure this out until the Rhino comes in.

• 2 weeks later...

the only prob ith smoothies in front is ... isnt it 4 wheel drive?

forget any traction with the smoothies for 4 wheel.. makes that useless

if you go paddles go all 4 its not bad having them in front.

If you want one tire, go with 25" tires no more.

If you have a summer set and a winter (dune) set see above