Dyno'ed The YFZ501 at PowerHouse today

Sand_YFZ

Yes we did I had a fun time trying to get the scanner to work so that I could put it up here, but you will have to ask Dan on how accurate it was, seems someone broke his cable for him so he had a fun time setting it up by the drum. If it is accurate, I like how fast it hits peak Torque, which seems to be around 46 - 47 and it looks like a smooth curve. PH517Dyno11_15_2007.jpg

Here is my Kenz Dyno, I want to see if Mark Hargrove can pull my standard one and compare the two Dyno's.

517Dynorun.jpg

I wonder if I go to a 43 FCR, sparks BC and a FCI what it would do.

Edited by mineurbiz

whats the differance between standard and SAE?Ya the cable was broken on my run too.He got it on though but someone had broken it.

Hargrove showed me how you can change the settings on a Dyno that will effect the outcome of the run such as standard, smoothing and so on. I am not sure how SAE and standard are different, but the standard readings are always higher. On KENZ dyno there was atleast a 2HP diff with my 470 kit when it came to SAE vs standard.

He could not get the cable to read, so he took it off and had to try to setup the drum (I think is what he said), either way it was cool to hang with him, cool guy. Thanks to Dan for letting us distract him for a bit.

Ya it was cool to see the numbers but all i really care about is how it performs in the real world.I was happy that it made good hp/tq though none the less.Dan is a real cool guy to BS with for sure.Im glad that there are a few different guys with different builds and different porting and such to just see where they all make power and such.Weather its a high or low reading we all ran the same dyno so thats cool.Those are some good numbers.See you turkey day!