Dyno'ed The YFZ501 at PowerHouse today

Sand_YFZ

I went out to Power House Racing today and got my 501 dyno'ed.We didnt do any tuning just rolled it off the trailer and saw what it laid down.I think i could have gotten more too but i didnt have time to go get some c-12 so i had to use the Rebel Rocket Fuel 111 they sell at the pump here which has been sitting in my garage for 2 weeks.

My mods are

3 mil hotrods crank

98mm Black Widow 14:25:1 piston

DASA version of the WEB +5's

43mm FCR

FCI Intake w/insert

Ron Woods PUG

04 KENZ head w/+1 SS Valves

Stock Flywheel

Kickstart

dyno1.jpg

dyno.jpg

501Dyno002.jpg

For no tuning and not the best fuel i was really happy with what it did.We used stock raptor tires and wheels.I already know it runs great i just wanted to see what the dyno said.Thanks to Dan,and Roy at PowerHouse for the dyno runs.First run EVER at the dyno for me since ive owned my YFZ. It was great to meet and talk with you guys.Thanks a million :worthless_without_pics:

Nice job Aaron :barf: great #'s btw ... did you have 1 of those DDR stickers on it? lol :laughoff: You did a great job on it (and Dan).

cant wait to see you at Dumont again. :laughing:

Capt

Why,do you think you got something for me this time? :laughoff:

Why,do you think you got something for me this time? :laughoff:

cant say i do but.... im thinking 65 to 70 up that damn hill :D:barf:

I wont be back out untill after T-day ( going to glamis that day) but christmas and new year i am all yours :laughing:

BTW is that hp at the crank or at the wheels? is it corrected for altitude?

see ya soon :fro_smokin:

Capt

I dont know about the dyno questions,im no dyno queen.I would assume its at the wheels.You would have to ask dan that stuff.Capt i was thinking last night,you went from"No measly YFZ can beat muh Rappy" :barf: to"What the hell am i going to have to do to beat that LIL YFZ" :laughing: LOL!!Funny huh!!Good times :laughoff:

I dont know about the dyno questions,im no dyno queen.I would assume its at the wheels.You would have to ask dan that stuff.Capt i was thinking last night,you went from"No measly YFZ can beat muh Rappy" :laughoff: to"What the hell am i going to have to do to beat that LIL YFZ" :laughing: LOL!!Funny huh!!Good times :laughoff:

I will admit i have never seen anything like your quad...DAMN FAST!! :D

just getting my clutch fixed and changing gears and lighten it up a bit also... funny part is to take weight off it cost money lol :barf:

I am done with this build so next time around I will do my wifes....learned from the last build and I know what to change on the next 1 but that wont be for awhile.

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

Ya i know all about the light weight stuff.Not cheap.Hey yours ran alot better last trip out.I also needed to regear so mine should be a couple mph faster than last trip.Too bad you wont be out for T-Day.Oh well glamis should be fun.C you next time.

I will admit i have never seen anything like your quad...DAMN FAST!! :D

just getting my clutch fixed and changing gears and lighten it up a bit also... funny part is to take weight off it cost money lol :laughoff:

I am done with this build so next time around I will do my wifes....learned from the last build and I know what to change on the next 1 but that wont be for awhile.

Capt

IF you aint see anything that fast then those busy weekends or the 4scs race i guess you missed, everybody is fast on a wed. at dumont.. Aaron's is rght there with a hadfulll of fast YFZ"S.

we told you so.......now you can beat him with the rail, i really hope he dont beat you j/k .... :bs:

IF you aint see anything that fast then those busy weekends or the 4scs race i guess you missed, everybody is fast on a wed. at dumont.. Aaron's is rght there with a hadfulll of fast YFZ"S.

we told you so.......now you can beat him with the rail, i really hope he dont beat you j/k .... :blink:

Who goes on weds? :news: we could always try comp hill? Then i think things would change (usually where i run).

Fast is fast and i have to give it to Aaron , he has done great on his bike (cant take that from him or Danny either).

anyone for some races up comp next round :D ? now that would be funny with those 120hp banshees with no suspension bouncing through the whoops lol :dope: I say we change hills next time lol :beercheers::whoop::lol:

Capt

Who goes on weds? :news: we could always try comp hill? Then i think things would change (usually where i run).

Fast is fast and i have to give it to Aaron , he has done great on his bike (cant take that from him or Danny either).

anyone for some races up comp next round :D ? now that would be funny with those 120hp banshees with no suspension bouncing through the whoops lol :blink: I say we change hills next time lol :beercheers::whoop::lol:

Capt

Comp sucks now!!! you need a full MX setup to race that hill :dope: .

anyone for some races up comp next round :D ? now that would be funny with those 120hp banshees with no suspension bouncing through the whoops lol :blink: I say we change hills next time lol :beercheers::whoop::dope:

Capt

That will only make it worse for ya,i love hitting the whoops,plus its a longer hill so it would just pull you more.Heavier bikes have an easier time at Banshee hill.I would be more than happy to race up comp.

That will only make it worse for ya,i love hitting the whoops,plus its a longer hill so it would just pull you more.Heavier bikes have an easier time at Banshee hill.I would be more than happy to race up comp.

Next time around lets play on it for a bit... my bike loves the whoops there, full throttle 3rd gear pinned at the bottom is fun :beercheers: and by that time maybe my wing arm and clutch will be here so i can atleast go up the hill :D

Capt

Next time around lets play on it for a bit... my bike loves the whoops there, full throttle 3rd gear pinned at the bottom is fun :beercheers: and by that time maybe my wing arm and clutch will be here so i can atleast go up the hill :D

Capt

Now why are you picking on a little ole 450?