Raptor 700 ECU

mineurbiz

My buddy has his 07 Raptor 700 (3 weeks old) in the dealership because it would not start. They tested it and said that the computer went out (the ECU) I take it and they do not know if Yamaha is going to cover it, for some reason. My question is, if they do not cover it and he has to buy one, does anyone know someone that can get these for a good price?

My buddy has his 07 Raptor 700 (3 weeks old) in the dealership because it would not start. They tested it and said that the computer went out (the ECU) I take it and they do not know if Yamaha is going to cover it, for some reason. My question is, if they do not cover it and he has to buy one, does anyone know someone that can get these for a good price?

if he bought it from the dealer then it should be covered!! 3 weeks OMG .. I would be very upset.

If not then ebay probably the cheapest.

Capt

if he bought it from the dealer then it should be covered!! 3 weeks OMG .. I would be very upset.

If not then ebay probably the cheapest.

Capt

Yeah we rode the night before and it was fine, the next day we put on his pipes and filter, he did not have his programmer yet. He wanted to hear his pipes real quick and when he went to start it, the would crank but not start. We noticed that when you turn the key on rather that turning on all the dash lights like normal it just light the neutral light. Checked power at the fuel rail, injector and throttle body and nothing. We took it in and they are saying that it is the computer, when asked how this could have went out, they said "you could have bumped something". The guy seems pretty cool but he is not sure that Yamaha will cover it.

Yeah we rode the night before and it was fine, the next day we put on his pipes and filter, he did not have his programmer yet. He wanted to hear his pipes real quick and when he went to start it, the would crank but not start. We noticed that when you turn the key on rather that turning on all the dash lights like normal it just light the neutral light. Checked power at the fuel rail, injector and throttle body and nothing. We took it in and they are saying that it is the computer, when asked how this could have went out, they said "you could have bumped something". The guy seems pretty cool but he is not sure that Yamaha will cover it.

I tell you what, Yamaha better cover it. They are going to act cool. They just want your money. I hate the dealerships. Make sure your friend puts up a fight. :barf: They are going to try to blame him to make him pay for it. Do not stand for that. :dunno::laughoff:

You did not say if your buddy bought his raptor new from the dealer. If he did then the dealer should take care of the problem, but if the dealer won't do the right thing then you need to contact Yamaha directly with the problem they are very good with customer service. One more thing if the dealer does not correct the problem make sure to ask for his dealer number with Yamaha so you can tell the people at Yamaha which dealer is doing this to you. Because the last thing a dealer wants is an unsatisfied customer reporting them to corporate headquarters.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Make sure that when you bring it into the dealer ship you put all of the stock parts bake on the bike just so they won’t be able to :beer_bang: . Because once you start putting on after market parts that affect the performance of the engine I think the original warranty that the dealer gives you doesn’t apply any more. I’m not entirely sure but just to be safe.

good luck

Make sure that when you bring it into the dealer ship you put all of the stock parts bake on the bike just so they won’t be able to :beer_bang: . Because once you start putting on after market parts that affect the performance of the engine I think the original warranty that the dealer gives you doesn’t apply any more. I’m not entirely sure but just to be safe.

good luck

This should have been beyond simple, but they have it and they know the ECU is bad, they are just waiting for the OK to fix it. I was not worried about putting the stock parts on, since it did not get run with any of them on. I have done all this same stuff to my fiance's bike and it ran no issues.