Raptor 660 jetting

dunefreak

I'm thinking about fattening up my Raptor. It seems like it has always run kinda lean at part throttle. It's pretty much bone stock other than the air box lid removed, a K&N pro-design air filter, and a slip-on White Bros pipe.

I am currently running a 170 & 175 main jet and 27.5 pilots.

Just curious where everyone else's jetting is. :freakin_nuts:

I'm thinking about fattening up my Raptor. It seems like it has always run kinda lean at part throttle. It's pretty much bone stock other than the air box lid removed, a K&N pro-design air filter, and a slip-on White Bros pipe.

I am currently running a 170 & 175 main jet and 27.5 pilots.

Just curious where everyone else's jetting is. :slap:

why don't you take it to that guy in China town ??? I think he has a Dyno !!! :2cents:

why don't you take it to that guy in China town ??? I think he has a Dyno !!! :2cents:

Because I know how to work on my own chit, that's why. :dance: :lol: I was just curious what everyone else was running for jetting. I guess nobody knows what those things are anymore since everyone has fuel injection these days. :lol::assblast::slap:

Because I know how to work on my own chit, that's why. :dance: :slap: I was just curious what everyone else was running for jetting. I guess nobody knows what those things are anymore since everyone has fuel injection these days. :lol::lol::2cents:

why don't you work on this ?>>>> :assblast: <<<<<

170-175 seems kinda fat. I have a similar set up on my raptor and im running 160-165 and it does pretty well untill you hit around 6000ft. elevation

It's definitely not fat. Are you running an airbox lid? That makes a huge difference. It will lean it out big time when you remove it. That's why I am running 170/175 main jets.

It's definitely not fat. Are you running an airbox lid? That makes a huge difference. It will lean it out big time when you remove it. That's why I am running 170/175 main jets.

where do you have the clips on your needles ?? the jets are fine , look elseware! :2cents:

where do you have the clips on your needles ?? the jets are fine , look elseware! :2cents:

That's what I have been researching. It is my next plan of attack before I change jets. I have never changed them. I think they might have to go up a notch.

It has been this way for years and has always seemed lean. It gets a lean pop on throttle snap and seems to run a bit lean at part throttle.

i always thought your pilot was a little too lean due to the decel pops but what do i know im no mechanic... depending on WHERE @ part throttle is it could be the pilots or the needle.. but like powerhouse ill lay odd's on the needles need to be richened a little..

If it were mine.. i would start with a fatter pilot ( easy change ) then mess with the needles..

If all else fails.. Get frustrated and throw a bottle of water across the wall at work and ask babert LOL

i always thought your pilot was a little too lean due to the decel pops but what do i know im no mechanic... depending on WHERE @ part throttle is it could be the pilots or the needle.. but like powerhouse ill lay odd's on the needles need to be richened a little..

If it were mine.. i would start with a fatter pilot ( easy change ) then mess with the needles..

If all else fails.. Get frustrated and throw a bottle of water across the wall at work and ask babert LOL

Well I have already asked Bert since he has the identical bike and almost the same mods done. The only thing that is different on his bike is a head pipe. He is running 175/180's with 27.5 pilots. His bike has never had a lean pop like mine does so I would think it isn't the pilot jetting. He can't remember if he has adjusted his needle. That might be the difference though. I'll just have to raise it a clip and see what happens. :beat: