Poles, Flags and LIGHTS!

GGZOBZ

I recently ordered a 22' pole and holder from Poles and Holders

I am not really a fan of the marker lights (only 28" long). I want to hang a rope light and want the BRIGHTEST, most noticible from a distance there is. My fear is that standard rope lights wont be bright enough. What about LED rope lights, anyone have any insight??

Thanks. :beercheers:

I recently ordered a 22' pole and holder from Poles and Holders

I am not really a fan of the marker lights (only 28" long). I want to hang a rope light and want the BRIGHTEST, most noticible from a distance there is. My fear is that standard rope lights wont be bright enough. What about LED rope lights, anyone have any insight??

Thanks. :beercheers:

I've got x-mas ones that are endless they screw on to one another! I think Target has them ! :xmas4:

I used to have led rope lights on my flag pole holder. Problem is, That most of them are 110. I hated having to run my generator when I was out on a ride so I could see my lights comming back. Tribal whips sells an awesome flag pole topper. Its super bright and can be seen a long ways away. I now use a 6 ft Lighted whip set up on top of my flag pole. It can be seen a helluva long ways away and its 12volt.

I used to have led rope lights on my flag pole holder. Problem is, That most of them are 110. I hated having to run my generator when I was out on a ride so I could see my lights comming back. Tribal whips sells an awesome flag pole topper. Its super bright and can be seen a long ways away. I now use a 6 ft Lighted whip set up on top of my flag pole. It can be seen a helluva long ways away and its 12volt.

Tim!!!!!!!!!! I can see your light from here!!!!!!!!! :laughing: Now that is bright.

i run my lights off the inverter, use led's and they draw very little power

I found several websites that custom make the light strings for individual applications. They even have an LED 12V rope light setup, cut and wired to spec. Here is one of the websites (probably the one I will order from): www.ledropelightsandmore.com.

I will let you know the set up, but the only flag that I have settled on is a Diver Down one. Thinking of some other ones to add as well. Cheers for the help.

We got the long flag pole from Poles and Holders. It's really awesome! I got Mark a flag and light, but he's never used the light. He has to figure out how to wire it. :lol: One of these days we'll get it on there!

Our friend zip ties a rope light to his flag pole. it's great because we can always find our camp at night!

:flipoff:

• 1 month later...

I use the standard Xmas style LED's with a multi colored beacon that I run off of a spare battery with inverter.

It will usually last the whole weekend (3 nights) if the battery is fully charged. All the night owls know where the off switch is when there done for the night. The only problem I have is the weight of all that and the flags when the wind whips ( I think that's most of the time out there LOL). I have had a pole break so I'm going to start running two (one with flags and one with lights).