Carb tuning

jackpunx

Hi all,

I have an 1835 with dual webbers.. the car runs good.. but once I rev it up.. its slow to come back down to idle.. I believe its a sign of running lean.. I have had the guys over at prowlers mess with it.. and seems to run fine.. other then the slow rev down.. Im scared to lean it out and blow up the motor..

is there anyone who can tune these carbs local to santa clarita?

thanks

Mark

Hi all,

I have an 1835 with dual webbers.. the car runs good.. but once I rev it up.. its slow to come back down to idle.. I believe its a sign of running lean.. I have had the guys over at prowlers mess with it.. and seems to run fine.. other then the slow rev down.. Im scared to lean it out and blow up the motor..

is there anyone who can tune these carbs local to santa clarita?

thanks

Mark

It may be as simple as the linkage, all the linkage must be free from binding and able to return without any friction. Also if one adjusting rod is slightly longer/shorter than the other that could be your issue. Make sure you have strong return springs and disconnect the throttle cable and manually actuate the shift linkage and see if the throttle-stops rotate at the exact time. Also make sure your throttle cable is not binding anywhere and sccles smoothly.

It may be as simple as the linkage, all the linkage must be free from binding and able to return without any friction. Also if one adjusting rod is slightly longer/shorter than the other that could be your issue. Make sure you have strong return springs and disconnect the throttle cable and manually actuate the shift linkage and see if the throttle-stops rotate at the exact time. Also make sure your throttle cable is not binding anywhere and sccles smoothly.

Ditto

Ditto

Thank you guys for the replies.. We did that when I had it at prowlers.. I was told that its possibly a lean idle jet to keep it from loading up.. Im going to check my plugs tomorrow and go from there..

I messed around with the linkage.. it didnt seem to budge.. the idle comes down on its own about 4-5 seconds after I rev it.

I'll know when I see the plugs..

Edited by jackpunx

You can also try doghouse...... info@doghouserepair.com. I wrote to Bert there and received a crap load of good info on my setup, which sounds like it's the same as yours......... 1835 w/ dual 40mm weber idf's.

Good luck and let us know what you figure out.