HappyHour Posted December 31, 2007 Posted December 31, 2007 I've got a leak outside my house. I think it is the main line coming into the house. I've done most of the digging and I'm pretty sure I'm right on top of it, but I need some help at this point. Can anyone recommend somebody to help??? Thanks in advance....... Quote
gon2retire Posted December 31, 2007 Posted December 31, 2007 I've got a leak outside my house. I think it is the main line coming into the house. I've done most of the digging and I'm pretty sure I'm right on top of it, but I need some help at this point. Can anyone recommend somebody to help??? Thanks in advance....... How bad is the leak, how old is the house? it is usually pvc pipe. simple if you have located the leak. also call you water supplier they will sometimes help Quote
HappyHour Posted December 31, 2007 Author Posted December 31, 2007 The leak doesn't appear to be that bad, and the house was built in 1965. The main line seems to be pvc but it is a slow leak. Quote
EY3BA11 Posted December 31, 2007 Posted December 31, 2007 turn off water grab proper size hacksaw, grab proper size coupler, grab pvc cement and primer... Saw pipe at leak.. clean both the outside of the pipe and the inside of the coupler with some sand paper.. apply primer.. to both outside of pipe and inside of coupler.. apply cement liberally to inside of coupler and outside of pipe.. Work fast as this stuff sets up quick... put pipe back together.. Before you go priming and gluing.. test fit the coupler to make sure your good also some people like to do the twisting thing with the pvc to make sure the glue is spread evenly. if too much of a wuss consult local plumber and get raped at 90 bucks an hour for a 10 min job Quote
HappyHour Posted December 31, 2007 Author Posted December 31, 2007 If I knew "exactly" where the leak was, I would do it myself...........but thanks Quote
HappyHour Posted December 31, 2007 Author Posted December 31, 2007 it turns out to be something bigger than expected and not just some little pvc pipe issue. Something is a miss underneath my house in the crawl space that has now come to the front of my house. Here are some pics of the digging I did yesterday............ Quote
EY3BA11 Posted January 1, 2008 Posted January 1, 2008 looks like your in for a little fun... right about now would be the time i would call a plumber and let them play in the crawl space.. LOL American home shield is an awesome home insurance.. My folks have it on all their homes.. and a 35 dollar deductible is all you pay to have someone find and fix damn near any problem.. With us growing up in manufactured homes things break constantly so the insurance has more than paid for itself.. Quote
HappyHour Posted January 2, 2008 Author Posted January 2, 2008 I'll look into it.................thanks. Quote
ltr450 Posted January 2, 2008 Posted January 2, 2008 I'll look into it.................thanks. I,m a plumbing contractor, but don't live in your area.were from the inland empire. If you need help e-mail me at(pdownsl@aol.com).your phone # I'll call you back.good luck. Quote
HappyHour Posted January 3, 2008 Author Posted January 3, 2008 Well it turned out that it was in fact a sprinkler causing the damage. In the back yard at the pressure adjustment deal that I obviously didn't catch for a LONG while. But in the process I discovered that I'm going to have to re-plumb all my drains underneath my house in the crawl space. I'm in the process of getting estimates. Anyway, the ground is drying and I'm fixing a sprinkler after the rain this weekend. ltr450.......if I have any questions that I can't get figured out on my own, I'll call..........thanks a bunch. Quote
ltr450 Posted January 3, 2008 Posted January 3, 2008 Well it turned out that it was in fact a sprinkler causing the damage. In the back yard at the pressure adjustment deal that I obviously didn't catch for a LONG while. But in the process I discovered that I'm going to have to re-plumb all my drains underneath my house in the crawl space. I'm in the process of getting estimates. Anyway, the ground is drying and I'm fixing a sprinkler after the rain this weekend. ltr450.......if I have any questions that I can't get figured out on my own, I'll call..........thanks a bunch. well that sound like you got thing under control.Just beware of plumbing companies,that work on commission only. anything with rooter in it's name.If your going to dumont for pres-day,We can talk more about it at the meet and greet or just e-mail me if you have any questions Quote
HappyHour Posted January 3, 2008 Author Posted January 3, 2008 well that sound like you got thing under control.Just beware of plumbing companies,that work on commission only. anything with rooter in it's name.If your going to dumont for pres-day,We can talk more about it at the meet and greet or just e-mail me if you have any questions I'll be at Dumont Jan17th - 20th..............then for the cleanup. It's pretty certain that my group is doing Glamis the weekend after Prez, weekend. But again, thanks a bunch......... Quote
rnrplumber1 Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 I'll be at Dumont Jan17th - 20th..............then for the cleanup. It's pretty certain that my group is doing Glamis the weekend after Prez, weekend. But again, thanks a bunch......... Hey my name is Rob. I am a plumbing contractor that works in the area. E mail me and I can see if I can help. I can at least help keep you from getting ripped off cuz there are a ton of "salesman" plumbers. Just let me know. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.