halloween accident

srh_redhead

for those of you who where there halloween weekend && saw the accident involving two dirt bike riders on Oct. 28. Caeri the girl who was air lifted to UMC is doing so much better. she ended up crushing 2 vertebres in her neck, she is paralyzed from the waist down right now, but the doctors are amazed that's it, they figured she'd be a quadrapalegic, they were wrong. she had 2 surgeries to place metal plates on the front and back of her neck. she is still in a neck brace but only for a few more weeks && then no more brace. she is in rehab now in santa barbara since before thanksgiving after only spending 22 days at UMC, much shorted time than we all expected. she is moving her arms, kinda her fingers && recently the doctors noticed she was flexing her leg muscles! she is damn determined to walk again && we believe she is going to possibly be able to. she is so strong. thankfully there wasnt any brain damage from the fall && she's still the same smart a$$ girl we've all always known. but all the prayers she's gotten already are certainly helping && more are always appreciated. she truly is amazing && she is my hero.

WE LOVE YOU CAERI!

Positive thoughts from my family to her. Hoping for a full recovery.

I worked in the pits for a good friend, Lance Magin......same type of thing happened to him on a motorcycle. Unfortunately he is paralyzed from the sternum down, but that didn't stop him.

normal_Pit3approach.jpg