2009 Heartland Cyclone 3950 Toy Hauler/Toy Box

Sandpirates2

:laughing: Got a friend who is looking into getting one of these. He's looking to pull it with a 2008 F450 4x4. Does anyone here know anything about the Cyclone line? Apparently it's got a 2nd half bath along with a Wash\Dryer and Frig in the garage. I've included the WEB. Just looking to see if anyone has experience with this manufacture.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-Heartl...sspagenameZWDVW

we have the 2008 model. love the rig and the layout, dont get me wrong, but there has been some problems and basically i dont feel comfortable taking the rig out.. right now we are dealing with the landing jacks. i have not been impressed with heartlands factory support at all, matter of fact they plain suck. we are almost at the point of telling the lawyer to push ahead for the buyback. which she says we will win for sure.

just so you know on the other hand, my dealer and repair department have been top notch. the factory is the ones who dropped the ball too many times. now after getting in real good with the guys at the shop, they let me know the heartland always gets checked in with the most problems.

hauler goes back in the shop next week for a second motor to be added to the landing jacks. it only has one motor, they hope adding a second motor will hopefully reduce the "clutching" sound thats happening. imagine being out at dumont, end of your trip. go to put the 20,000 pound pig back on your truck. and the landing gear starts slipping. :argue:

would i buy a heartland again? no.

i am pulling it with a 350 dually. 430 rear end. it pulls it real well. although i am right at the legal limit for my truck. gonna be getting a semi to pull it with if i decide to keep it. if you do pull, make sure you have your class a license if you live in cali.

Edited by Big Red

That's one heavy rig!!! Sure is nice, though. Their layouts remind me a little of the Raptor. I like the interior. My inlaws have the Heartland Big Horn 5th wheel. It's really nice. I don't know if they've had any issues with it. Oh, the water leaked and they ran out of fresh water last Halloween trip!!! :argue:

He's plans to pull it with his new F450, so hopfully that works, but he also heard about the lack of support from the factory, and that seems to be a comment we keep hearing. Nobody else makes the floor plan that has the 2nd bathroom and the wife is loving the washer\dryer combo, although I dont see that happening alot, but it must be a guy thing...."what I only had these on for 2 days, there clean" :argue:

Anyway, outside of your landing gear, was there anything else that you've had issues with? Water leaks suck big time, we had one but it turned out that the factory just put the connectors on two of the three sinks with no tape, yahoo's :beat:

I keep pushing him toward the Raptor's or WW, but everyone's got there own reasons...

The shower leaks. They cant figure out where its coming from so they are taking the entire shower out next time its in. An entire other issue with the front landing jack, the hole for the manual crank does not line up. so if the electric doesnt work, you are completely stuck cause the manuals wont work either. Still waiting for the OK from the factory to get the body work done so it will line up. heard the factory was pissed when the service dept gave them the estimate.

Too many other little problems to even know where to start. :argue:

I have an 07 4012 .. we absolutly love it.. but I feel the same way about the weak landing gear.. I brought it up to them and they said its just slow.. some other small issues.. but nothing they didnt fix right away and nothing that has ever left me stranded..

I pull it with a lifted f 250 or a tractor.. depending on where im going.. It has a 12' garage.. I can fit my sandrail, and 2 adult bikes or one bike and 2 kids bikes..or 3 street bikes..

I dont think they make anything with a garage larger then 12' unless its open.. I'll look at the link.

we got all the extended warrantee's and stuff.. I have noticed some wear on one of my tires that means one of my axles is bent.. I'll bring it to them when the season is over.

I have an 07 4012 .. we absolutly love it.. but I feel the same way about the weak landing gear.. I brought it up to them and they said its just slow.. some other small issues.. but nothing they didnt fix right away and nothing that has ever left me stranded..

I pull it with a lifted f 250 or a tractor.. depending on where im going.. It has a 12' garage.. I can fit my sandrail, and 2 adult bikes or one bike and 2 kids bikes..or 3 street bikes..

I dont think they make anything with a garage larger then 12' unless its open.. I'll look at the link.

we got all the extended warrantee's and stuff.. I have noticed some wear on one of my tires that means one of my axles is bent.. I'll bring it to them when the season is over.

two of my axles are bent from what i can tell.

All Valley RV. They know about everything. Its going back in Wednesday for another round of repairs. I will say again, they have been top notch in all of this. Heartland is the one that seems to really not care.

when I was looking at cyclone at first.. we went there as they are 15 min from my house.. The sales guy (at the time ) rubed me the wrong way.. Ive since been back with friends and not had the same experience.

I ended up buying mine at richardsons RV in sun city.

have had great experiences with them as well.. they are just so damm far away.. All Valley wont do warrentee work on coaches they didnt sell..

I called Heartland and started a relationship with the california customer service rep.. Chris.. He's been really good to us so far..

He has given me OK's to have the work done at camping world and then sent us a check when the work was done.

I would love to get stronger landing gear and a couple of small things done on mine that Heatland says is Not an issue.. Im a truck driver.. I work for the studios and work with high end rv's for a living.. I know its a problem.. and like you.. if I get stuck in the desert because my trailer wont lift back up.. My wife is going to crawl up there a$$ with a rake..

Good luck on yours.. If you want to team up on the landing gear let me know.. It might help us a little to work together.

Mark

We like Richardson's RV in Riverside, good people. I've seen them actually take a new RV back from a lady who's husband died of a heart attack about 5 days after they bought the RV and they did a full refund, no issues. I was totally impress with their people. I would have purchased out WW if they had carried the brand.

Looks like my friends dropped the idea of the Cyclone, he's a Truck Driver also, and said that he's now seen 4 or 5 other web-sites where the landing gear seems to be an issue - especially on the new ones. He's looking really hard at the Raptor 38ft TH, so we'll see.