CRASH AT COMP.

FLYINRYAN

Well said. Things are bound to happen whether you have the reins pulled tight or not, each parent can only do their best, kids are gonna make some decisions that you didn't teach them to anyway. Glad he's okay, and like you said, maybe keep him away from the big hills on the big weekends. As grown adults many of my fellow dune buddies won't even shoot the hills on the big weekends. It just looks like madness to me.

Anna & I stoppped over there at comp on Sunday. I was a nervous wreck at times watching everyone almost collide on the hill. Betweeen the rails that cut through the bikes and the bikes not paying enough attention, I had to leave.

:blury:

IMG_0388.JPG

Boy do I know what you mean!. We ran the hill [/u]once This grown man wearing all beige was beside us, safely enough way at the start. We were in a wheelie :ninja: and he kept coming, I pointed him out to Dan and this man on the quad was looking over his left shoulder almost all the wayup the hill. He finally took off his blinders and saw us. We we were almost to the top as far as we could go to get away from him and the man in baige on quad turned off with a Deer In The Headlights look. :mischevious:

I understand way he was doing what he was doing becuase we had saw him earlier that day doing the same thing on the flats with a bunch of baby ducks in tow. Maybe he was showing them how to NOT run Comp Hill. :headbang1:

Just to get a couple of things straight Ray is almost 15 and has been riding for 10 years. He wasn't alone he was with some other teenagers from camp, he started out with some adults that broke down and ended up without adults from our camp but with people like Ryan around that care about our sport and are willing to help someone out.it gives me hope that duners don't turn there heads on people in need. Don't get me wrong I feel responsible anytime something bad happens to my two boys. I would like to say that keeping the raines on a 15 year old is hard if not impossible when they are doing something that is in there blood.

I can say that I have been growing more concerned about the amount of people on these busy weekends and don't think Ray will be racing at Comp on these crazy weekends. I can also say that S#@t happens and I hope we all learn from our mistakes we make in life.

hi this is dunedog 805, my other comp crashed so i had to pull out old faithful, hence the diff name ! anyways after reading the posts again i found out he was fifteen that is a big differance than a 12 year old ! im sure he is a great rider! maybe im just an over protective parent sorry if I offended u............ dunedog

Oh and yes thanks to guys like Ryan