Stuck in the box!

777duner

We had an awesome trip this last weekend (3-2 thru 3-4), with a few hurdles. But it was all worth it in the end. Started out by blowin the tread off of the rear truck tire on the way out! This ever happen to you? I've only seen it happen to semi-trucks with retreaded tires. Thankfully, we were right by an off-ramp leavin Barstow and we were able to exit safely. Changed out the tire myself, and we were on our way again on the spare. But it ripped up my fender pretty good... (Insurance Claim!) :whistle:

Got there at sundown and had a swell time around the fire :chev_bowtie: About midnight the WIND STARTED HOWLIN REALLY GOOD(or bad). About 23-30 mph sustained wind with gusts around the 50 mph range. Stayed this way all night and all the next day :laughoff: Wind.... it's a love hate relationship. It creates the dunes we love, but it keeps you locked in your box when it really gets blowin. We watched some movies, played some games... stared out the windows :rockon::lol: Most were blown away with the wind and only a handful stayed.

Sundown on Sunday... the wind stopped and I went for a sweet sunset ride...FRESH TRACKS. First thing Monday morning... many more fresh tracks for a full tank of gas on the LTR 450!! Spent the rest of the day in the buggy with the family. Don't need to desribe that any further than... HEAVEN... you know! Finished the ride with a flat front tire as we rolled in to camp right after throwin a big roost of the lip of the dune by camp! Wish I had some good pics of the ride, but we were too busy havin fun to think about it. :dunno::blink::beat:

:barf:

post-3619-1204706482_thumb.jpg

Ouch!

post-3619-1204706707_thumb.jpg

North Pole after an epic ride!

post-3619-1204706626_thumb.jpg

Stuck in the box!

post-3619-1204706817_thumb.jpg

post-3619-1204708776_thumb.jpg

My daughter wanted me to add that the desert flowers were really nice!

post-3619-1204706556_thumb.jpg

Edited by 777duner

sweet pics!!

is that the att 26, or 30??? im assuming its the 30, cause of the rail?

It's the 26 footer. It fits with inches to spare, but I gotta put the 450 in the back of the truck...

Nope, it's not Sand Snake's rail... Did he have a beater rail like mine?

IMO they're ALL beater rails. It just depends how much $ you're willing to beat-up. :old: ... :flipoff:

Yeah, Nice pics Steve. :lol:

Looks fun mang. Fresh sand is worth the wait foe schizzle.

Lucky you had Monday to play. :laughoff::lol:

regarding that tire:

I was told if you have oversize tires and blow out a rear tire.

You should put a front tire in the blown spot.

Then put the spare on the front.

Always put the same size tires on the rear axle.

Because the differential.

Anyone know if this is true. :lol:

R-

Oh yeah, Your son does NOT want to sweep the trailer. :lol:

Might wanna keep them goggles on him. He wants to ride. :whistle::laughing::laughoff:

:unsure:

Edited by Randog

I had one of my new toyo mts blow out last week rip the side wall on both sides. They are 35s and i ran it on the rear for a few miles to work then switched it. You always want the same size tires in the rear. Felt really funny driving 100 miles home with a stock tire in the front and the other 3 were my normal 35's. Glad you had a good trip.

IMO they're ALL beater rails. It just depends how much $ you're willing to beat-up. :clap: ... :clap:

Yeah, Nice pics Steve. :clap:

Looks fun mang. Fresh sand is worth the wait foe schizzle.

Lucky you had Monday to play. :laughoff::clap:

regarding that tire:

I was told if you have oversize tires and blow out a rear tire.

You should put a front tire in the blown spot.

Then put the spare on the front.

Always put the same size tires on the rear axle.

Because the differential.

Anyone know if this is true. :clap:

R-

Oh yeah, Your son does NOT want to sweep the trailer. :clap:

Might wanna keep them goggles on him. He wants to ride. :idea::beercheers::laughing:

:clap:

Don't know about the differential thing, but it makes sense. I drove the rest of the way with the spare on the back. They are 33's and the spare I thought was close enough to the same size... we made it anyhow.

My son, he'll be three at the end of May. He's already got the 50 wired and follows me through the little dunes... only when nobody else is around to run him over. My 4 year old daughter as well... they love it.

Randog-

Yes its true, it will burn the clutches in the diff as the axels are turning at different rates.

I was concerned, so I took a tape measure and found that the spare is the same circumference as the other 3 tires, so I'm good. The 33's are worn down to a 31 inch tire now :D

Insurance company is fixing everything now... only a $250 deductable, plus they cut a check for two new children's car seats...go figure