IPOD question?

wingnut

So............ The computer I originally set up my Itunes on took a sh*t and is no more....is there a way to set up a new ITUNES acct., plug my Ipod in and not lose all the current music on my Ipod? I want to put more music on it but I don't want to lose all my current music? :lol:

So............ The computer I originally set up my Itunes on took a sh*t and is no more....is there a way to set up a new ITUNES acct., plug my Ipod in and not lose all the current music on my Ipod? I want to put more music on it but I don't want to lose all my current music? :lol:

Yes sir, you can actually browse the folder and pull the music out. You can also slave your old Harddrive in another computer and pull the music out that way also.

If someone does not do it before me I will look up the exact way you set it and get it to you.

Yes you can take files from your ipod and copy them to your hard drive on your new computer. In a way your ipod is like an external hard drive. It has music/files stored in it. I dont use itunes for any of my stuff I just drag it over from the windows folders. Its easier that way for me anyway. If you plug it in and your plug and play doesnt automatically run you should be able to get the drivers and software off the net.

I forgot to bring my ipod to work, but you basically have to hook the ipod up to the new computer and when it ask to sync and erase making the new computer primary you cancel that. You will have to go into options in itunes and enable disk mode.

This link should help you

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61131

The music folders and song names will look strange something like P04 for a folder.