Release of Liability Form?

sandsnot

Going to the dunes this weekend and taking some peeps. Wanted to know if there is a release of liability form that i can get them to sign just incase one of them decides to get alil crazy. Is there one on the net i can print out and have them sign?

Going to the dunes this weekend and taking some peeps. Wanted to know if there is a release of liability form that i can get them to sign just incase one of them decides to get alil crazy. Is there one on the net i can print out and have them sign?

dont let them ride our stuff if you dont trust them, and liability would be on the state of ca if there is any liability..... :laughing:

can you be a little more specific?

liability from who? for what?

:laughing:

Well i do trust the person who is going to be riding one of my quads but i just want to protect myself. I dont want to be held liable for his actions on the bike thats all. I do have insurance on my bikes. Do you guys think im being unreasonible?

Whew if thats a concern I probably would not take them. And like the last person said do not let them ride your stuff :lol:

It just sucks cause this kinda crap can ruin friendships :lol:

But if you trust them to fix your stuff when they brake it then go for it (all my stuff tho has been broke by someone else)

:laughing::laughoff:

Well i do trust the person who is going to be riding one of my quads but i just want to protect myself. I dont want to be held liable for his actions on the bike thats all. I do have insurance on my bikes. Do you guys think im being unreasonible?

if he f up then it is on him, even if it is your sh***T.....maybe a little paranoid :lol::laughoff::laughing: i dont think you should worry about it, just have some safe fun....

IF you have insurance and willing to use it I highly doubt you'll need a release form from him especially if you trust him.

bigtruckdrmr will be getttin a new quad at the end of summer and she'll be keeping the 250ex for an extra. We were just talking about writing up a release form and everyone who rides it needs to sign it.

Not to be jerks but it is hard to just take someones word that they will fix what they broke if it happens. And I don't see the problem in signing it if you are an honest person and will hone up to what you broke. I would sign one without any question if one of my friends asked me to.

I watch alot of People's Court. :laughing:

bigtruckdrmr will be getttin a new quad at the end of summer and she'll be keeping the 250ex for an extra. We were just talking about writing up a release form and everyone who rides it needs to sign it.

Not to be jerks but it is hard to just take someones word that they will fix what they broke if it happens. And I don't see the problem in signing it if you are an honest person and will hone up to what you broke. I would sign one without any question if one of my friends asked me to.

I watch alot of People's Court. :laughing:

How would youo word that document?

Have you talked to your friends about this? would they be willing to sign? I would discuss the matter BEFORE any further trip plans are made.

Can your friends ride? Have they ridden in the sand or wherever you plan to go? Are they familiar with the atv they would ride? Anything can cause a problem.

In my opinion, if an agreement to release liability, repair damage, and thoroughly detail the atv after the trip can't be done with a handshake among friends, then they are just an acquaintance.

the guy who is going to be riding does know how to ride but he as never riden in sand. We've already talked about it and we have always had the understanding that if he were to break something he would pay of the repair.

the guy who is going to be riding does know how to ride but he as never riden in sand. We've already talked about it and we have always had the understanding that if he were to break something he would pay of the repair.

its not rocket science, just have to have good common sense...just ride :laughing: if it is such an isue and is bothering you, then let him bring out his own stuff :laughoff:

But does he have enough money to replace the bike for what it would cost to buy a new bike??????

If you know he is a good,honest and true friend and has enough $$$$.To buy a new bike,than let him ride it.If you question him as a person and his financial situation and how he takes care of his things than DONT let him ride it.

It's obvious that you don't REALLY trust this person... so if he wants to ride he should bring his own stuff.

That's pretty CS if you need a FRIEND to sign a release... He should know the rules of friendship, if not, then like someone said... he's just an aquaintance.

OR, dig a really big hole in your camp and throw some sand toys in it... this keeps my kids occupied for days!! :coocoo:

I havent read all the replies, but if they are a good enough friend that sort of thing goes without saying...if I break I fix it. Knowing that they had to sign a "document" and how you feel makes it more formal, and takes the fun out. If you leave it candid, and just throw it in somewhere in conversation, they wont be so stressed. Dunno but I like to keep the friends I have.

How would youo word that document?

Nothing spectacular. I bought my truck used from a law firm, was thier company truck, you should have seen the release they made my sign when I picked it up. 4 pages long and at least 50 signatures and initials, overkill? Yes. But I had no problem signing and reading it since I'm the type of person that takes care of my own shiat.

If I wrote up a release form, I would simply state:

-The person riding the equipment is fully responsible for thier own actions.

-That person will fix or replace any broken parts that they broke or damaged.

-This is a release of liability and the owner of the equipment is not responsible for the actions of the person riding.

Sign and date on the dotted line...

But I would never let anyone near my stuff if I knew them to be irresponsible, even with thier signature.

Gotta be selective and careful in this day and age of getting sued for anything.

Don't know if this is what you are looking for or not but this is what I use.

Release and Indemnity Agreement

I agree and understand that riding in YOUR NAME sand rail is done on my own free will. I understand and acknowledge that the terrain the Sand rail is ridden on is rugged, outdoor environment and there are numerous dangerous conditions and potential risks of injury. I acknowledge and understand that I assume all risks associated with riding in the LAST NAME sand rail. I understand and acknowledge the same conditions apply for a Minor under the age of 21 and I am the legal guardian.

In exchange for allowing me to ride in the LAST NAME sand rail I understand and agree that FULL NAME , their estate, trust and heirs will not be liable to me for any personal injury, death or property damage arising out of or occasioned by, directly or indirectly, riding in the LAST NAME sand rail. I assume the risk of any and all injury, death or loss while riding in the LAST NAME sand rail. I agree and understand that under no circumstances will FULL NAME be liable for any consequential damage of any nature, caused by any injury or damage while riding in the LAST NAME sand rail.

Furthermore, I agree to indemnify and hold FULL NAME harmless from all suits, actions, losses, damages, claims, or liability of any type, including all expenses of litigation, court costs, and attorneys’ fees for injury to any person or property arising out of or occasioned by, directly or indirectly, while riding in the LAST NAME sand rail including claims and damages arising in whole or in part from the negligence of FULL NAME .

It is the expressed intent that the release and indemnity provided by me includes an indemnity and release from the consequences of FULL NAME own negligence, whether that negligence is the sole or contributory cause of the resultant injury, death or damage.

Signature_________________________________________________

Printed Name______________________________________________

Date_____________________________________________________

Edited by wild1s

Don't know if this is what you are looking for or not but this is what I use.

Release and Indemnity Agreement

I agree and understand that riding in YOUR NAME sand rail is done on my own free will. I understand and acknowledge that the terrain the Sand rail is ridden on is rugged, outdoor environment and there are numerous dangerous conditions and potential risks of injury. I acknowledge and understand that I assume all risks associated with riding in the LAST NAME sand rail. I understand and acknowledge the same conditions apply for a Minor under the age of 21 and I am the legal guardian.

In exchange for allowing me to ride in the LAST NAME sand rail I understand and agree that FULL NAME , their estate, trust and heirs will not be liable to me for any personal injury, death or property damage arising out of or occasioned by, directly or indirectly, riding in the LAST NAME sand rail. I assume the risk of any and all injury, death or loss while riding in the LAST NAME sand rail. I agree and understand that under no circumstances will FULL NAME be liable for any consequential damage of any nature, caused by any injury or damage while riding in the LAST NAME sand rail.

Furthermore, I agree to indemnify and hold FULL NAME harmless from all suits, actions, losses, damages, claims, or liability of any type, including all expenses of litigation, court costs, and attorneys’ fees for injury to any person or property arising out of or occasioned by, directly or indirectly, while riding in the LAST NAME sand rail including claims and damages arising in whole or in part from the negligence of FULL NAME .

It is the expressed intent that the release and indemnity provided by me includes an indemnity and release from the consequences of FULL NAME own negligence, whether that negligence is the sole or contributory cause of the resultant injury, death or damage.

Signature_________________________________________________

Printed Name______________________________________________

Date_____________________________________________________

WOW After that I wouldn't wanna even ride.Yikes