My "new" WW SLC 3705

MQUnlimited

Sorry, but in the 15 years I've dealt with cabinet making and installing I have never seen solid wood seperate. I have only seen laminates (wood, paper or plastic) separate or pull off. If you look at the picture here close enough you can clearly see what looks like a wood laminate, laminated to a substrate (usually mdf or particle board).

post-475-1207766739_thumb.jpg

Hardly anything is built from solid wood anymore...just parts of it. No one wants to pay for it. Trust me.

If you could provide a better picture I am offering to provide a possible solution. I just need to see more to understand where it is separating.

Hi Gerald,

Alittle late getting back to ya.You might be right ,what do i know.I am just going off what they told me.It probably isn't real wood but they said the face of the cabnets are :dunno: I will post you more pics or will email you pics.They say they are replacing the cabnets.I will see what happens. :D

When I first looked at WW I saw one in the lot that had done that. It looked to me like they are more like panels set into a frame. When the frame expanded the panel slips a little. They put them together then stain them, when they slip, the unstained part was showing. Thats part of the reason we ordered the distressed cabinets, no inserts , all one piece?

When I first looked at WW I saw one in the lot that had done that. It looked to me like they are more like panels set into a frame. When the frame expanded the panel slips a little. They put them together then stain them, when they slip, the unstained part was showing. Thats part of the reason we ordered the distressed cabinets, no inserts , all one piece?

I wish when we looked at them we would of noticed that,but of course the one's we looked at didn't have the problem but I did ask Chris about what you said and you said it right. :(

Why?

As for the cabnets,I didn't pay attention but if you are from vegas watch out they swell in the heat on the doors and then the stain seperates.Here is a pic of mine and you can see what I am talking about.

post-2199-1206597684_thumb.jpg

Danielle - I went to the factory last weekend to get my trailer back and they gave me a can of what they use to stain the trim and cabinets - same as yours....I fixed all the cabinets in about 10 minutes...if you want I can get you hooked up with the name and type, I thinks its something you can purchase locally here too, works excellent.

SP2 (Mike)

Edited by Sandpirates2

Danielle - I went to the factory last weekend to get my trailer back and they gave me a can of what they use to stain the trim and cabinets - same as yours....I fixed all the cabinets in about 10 minutes...if you want I can get you hooked up with the name and type, I thinks its something you can purchase locally here too, works excellent.

SP2 (Mike)

Oh Yes Thank you very much.Please pass on the info.They are replacing the cabnets that are doing it but I am sure it will happen again.