A good sand tire/wheel for the Rzr?

Free Agent

We got the optional 14" Big bruiser tires & rims on the rzr, but big old hard knobbies just don't cut it in the sand.

Any good sand tires and wheels yet for Side By Sides?

Something with good flotation and effective paddles.

We heard that ITP was bringing out something in their Sand Star line,, and the Folks that makes haulers were offering something.

Any of these tires legit?

Thanks.

go with these FTW

u need 12" rims but theyre probably better in the sand anyways

http://www.utvcrap.com/product_info.php?cP...;products_id=12

I have done a lot of research on the best sand tires. These are them. Smoothies and Haulers are the best for the sand. Keep your RZR light and put some of these on and you will go anywhere.

I have done a lot of research on the best sand tires. These are them. Smoothies and Haulers are the best for the sand. Keep your RZR light and put some of these on and you will go anywhere.

yup

those ITP's pictured above r heavy and using paddles on all 4 wheels doesnt allow the motor to rev

We got the optional 14" Big bruiser tires & rims on the rzr, but big old hard knobbies just don't cut it in the sand.

Any good sand tires and wheels yet for Side By Sides?

Something with good flotation and effective paddles.

We heard that ITP was bringing out something in their Sand Star line,, and the Folks that makes haulers were offering something.

Any of these tires legit?

Thanks.

We have had excellent reports from people using the 4 tire itp dune star on the RZR. We have sold many dune star kits and no one has called to comlain about the performance. One of our customers gave us a complete report on the dune stars a month or so ago on his stock RZR and they rocked.

He went against the rear paddle and smoothie front, the stock tires, terracross and others and not one could out climb him or hang with him running in the bowls. I don’t know why one would not want the option to use the 4wd as a smoothie will not pull you up the hill as much as a front paddle.

We built the Rescue Rhino and Don was out climbing Jim’s RZR until Jim got a set Halloween.

On my Rhino I have yet to see a smoothie setup out climb me. I had a friend with the front smoothie setup in his Polaris 700 Powered Ridge Runner, if I was in 2wd he would win. If I was in 4wd I would win. I just had more traction.

Motor revs can be controlled by the amount of air you have in the tire. The Tires are 2 ply and while they are not shaved, they hold up better in the rocks getting to and from the dunes. I'm on my 3rd season with the same tires and no flats.

I'm always in 2WD unless I’m climbing comp or olds. I can climb olds in 2wd with the speedo reading over 30 MPH, but I can climb twice as fast in 4wd even though the speedo is reading less.

IMHO I think it is a great tire

http://www.xopco.com/OldsmobileHill-HR.wmv

Craig

Edited by SandBlasted

We have had excellent reports from people using the 4 tire itp dune star on the RZR. We have sold many dune star kits and no one has called to comlain about the performance. One of our customers gave us a complete report on the dune stars a month or so ago on his stock RZR and they rocked.

He went against the rear paddle and smoothie front, the stock tires, terracross and others and not one could out climb him or hang with him running in the bowls. I don’t know why one would not want the option to use the 4wd as a smoothie will not pull you up the hill as much as a front paddle.

We built the Rescue Rhino and Don was out climbing Jim’s RZR until Jim got a set Halloween.

On my Rhino I have yet to see a smoothie setup out climb me. I had a friend with the front smoothie setup in his Polaris 700 Powered Ridge Runner, if I was in 2wd he would win. If I was in 4wd I would win. I just had more traction.

Motor revs can be controlled by the amount of air you have in the tire. The Tires are 2 ply and while they are not shaved, they hold up better in the rocks getting to and from the dunes. I'm on my 3rd season with the same tires and no flats.

I'm always in 2WD unless I’m climbing comp or olds. I can climb olds in 2wd with the speedo reading over 30 MPH, but I can climb twice as fast in 4wd even though the speedo is reading less.

IMHO I think it is a great tire

http://www.xopco.com/OldsmobileHill-HR.wmv

Craig

:dunno: Well put. I run in 4wd all the time and it does great.

• 2 weeks later...

i can climb comp hill with 26" terracross tires in 4wd with low air pressure, but i got a pretty decent deal on 25" skat 8 paddle extremes with front smoothies so i'm gonna try those head to head when i get a chance.

i only needed 4wd to climb comp mostly, and maybe once or twice while duning. the skats/motosport wheels are half the weight of the 26" terracross/SS14 wheels i currently have.

• 3 years later...