Survey for a friends business

DarbyCrash

One of my customers owns a lingerie and "toy" business. We were talking and I just happned to throw out that she should try to drum up some business on vender row at Dumont and Glamis.

Now I know alot of you have/are wives and girlfriends. I see people up and down vender row spending $$$ on stuff all day long. I told my customer I would get some input from the folks that are out at the desert and see what they think.

Now she does sell the stuff on site but her main deal is parties. I guess all the ladies gather around and look at and talk about the "items" for sale. Kind of like those Candlelight parties.

She was telling me if she did do it she would make sure to have hotties at her setup in hopes of drawing guys to her store. Hopefully the ladies understand this tactic because yes, men are pigs.

So what does everyone think??? Good idea or bad idea?? Look at it this way, at night she would probably have a "ladies only" party. I personally have known women that would rather be doing something besides sitting around a campfire BSing with the boys and would rather be checking out something for themselves with other ladies.

Presidents day and Valentines are usually around the same weekend if you need to pick up that extra something.

I know this customer pretty well and it would not be a trashy situation. She would run it with as much class as she possibly could so as to keep the peace. She has kids too.

Give me your thoughts folks.

Edited by DarbyCrash

Guest Crasher

Why the hell would I want to go to a Naughty Ladie's party when I just worked my a$$ off getting everything ready and packed to go "RIDING" for the weekend??? Maybe some women on here don't appreciate this sport as much as I do, but I don't have any interest in going to a party where I have to spend my entire paycheck on underwear, especially on my vacation!! I look forward to my trips to Dumont. And I do have things "to do" when I'm out there. Like spending time with my friends and riding my quad!!

Just my .02 :driver:

Why the hell would I want to go to a Naughty Ladie's party when I just worked my a$$ off getting everything ready and packed to go "RIDING" for the weekend??? Maybe some women on here don't appreciate this sport as much as I do, but I don't have any interest in going to a party where I have to spend my entire paycheck on underwear, especially on my vacation!! I look forward to my trips to Dumont. And I do have things "to do" when I'm out there. Like spending time with my friends and riding my quad!!

Just my .02 :blink:

Hey Crash.....Crasher just Crashed that Shiat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :driver: :shocked2: :shocked2:

Guest Crasher

Hey Crash.....Crasher just Crashed that Shiat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked2: :shocked2: :blink:

No kiddin!!! :driver: No offense to Darbycrash, or anyone for that matter, but that's the lamest idea I have seen for vendor row. I have a hard enough time getting those girls to leave me alone at home trying to get me to throw parties all the time. That LAST thing I want to do is see them at Dumont!!! :blink:

And I do have things "to do" when I'm out there. Like spending time with my friends and riding my quad!!

Just my .02 :driver:

I guess I need to do a retract. I know a lot of ladies go out and actually ride (some harder than the boys). I didn't mean it as a "get rid of the old lady for a while" statement. Sorry if it came out like that (I did an edit for it did sound like I was a pig, my sisters would kill me)) I was actually thinking more like the lady saying "Screw you, I'm going shopping and when I get back, you better give me complements on what I bought if you ever want to eat again or I'll shove the other thing I bought up your fart can"

I appreciate your opinion. Like I said, I'm just doing research. Positive and negative either way helps.

Edited by DarbyCrash

I guess I need to do a retract. I know a lot of ladies go out and actually ride (some harder than the boys). I didn't mean it as a "get rid of the old lady for a while" statement. Sorry if it came out like that (I did an edit for it did sound like I was a pig, my sisters would kill me)) I was actually thinking more like the lady saying "Screw you, I'm going shopping and when I get back, you better give me complements on what I bought if you ever want to eat again or I'll shove the other thing I bought up your fart can"

I appreciate your opinion. Like I said, I'm just doing research. Positive and negative either way helps.

Classic :blink::blink::blink::driver: :shocked2: :shocked2:

Guest Crasher

I hear ya. I myself personally like hanging out and BSing at the campfire, that's part of the whole camping experience that I appreicate. Shopping is not my top priority at the dunes, however, I do like to walk around and check things out during the day between rides. Not sure how selling "toys" on vendor row would go over with kids at the dunes all the time though. If you want to get more on that type of topic, check out the stripper pole threads. You'll see how people feel about that kind of stuff.

Not knocking your idea, just my opinion. You're right, positive or negative, every opinion counts!! :shocked2:

p.s. Haven't heard "fart can" before!! :driver:

I doubt that BLM would allow that type of vendor at Dumont. They had one company that they turned down just because the name of the company was offensive much less their product.

Edited by ynot

I agree with ynot. Not a good idea. I've had a few Fun Parties and they are really fun, way better then a Candle Party. At Dumont....naw.

:driver:

PM me her number it is about time for me to host another one. Anyone in for that? BTW I don't think boyz are allowed until later. :D

I be you could sell anything in her "product line" out there if it said either "Dumont Dunes" or "Dumont Dune Riders" Matter of fact I swear one easter I saw some weird :shocked2: guy riding thru our camp in nothing but a thong that said "DDR" :driver:

Just my .02 :blink:

:barf: Well stated, and I have to agree.

I'm sure I can speak for the wife that something like that is not why she is at Dumont. I know she enjoys the campfire, friends, and family time more than most. That's the main reason we go.....outside time.... laughing and enjoying the people in our life. "Good Times!!" :driver:

If we shop at vendor row....it's for a badly needed part, or an addition to our wardrobe (ie. T-shirts, sweat shirts, dune gear etc!!)

I be you could sell anything in her "product line" out there if it said either "Dumont Dunes" or "Dumont Dune Riders" Matter of fact I swear one easter I saw some weird :blink: guy riding thru our camp in nothing but a thong that said "DDR" :shocked2:

:blink: I miss some of those times....but not that particulay moment. :shocked2:

Just my .02 :blury:

Stop it now,you just told me you couldn't wait to get to Dumont so you can go panty shopping and toy shopping :banghead: you said that is better than riding quads and hanging out with your friends and having fun. :argue:

Just kidding :chug: :banghead:

Poll Tally (wacker)

Ummmm, I'm gettting the vibe, not a good idea.

Cool. Thanks to everyone for the input.

I'll tell her to keep her toys and hotties in lingerie away from Dumont. :flipoff:

:laughoff::laughoff::laughoff: