single to dually truck

THE BIG E

new bed, dually hubs for the rear end, and diffrent springs... HOWEVER you should have bought a dually to start with not only will you be towing ILLEGALLY *yes i know the truck is built and can tow it, but the man goes by the sticker on the truck and good luck getting that altered* It would be cheaper adn easier to just sell the current one and get what you need to get the job done right.

illegally? Thats a reach at best. The manufacturers gvw and gcvw ratings are just that ratings, mostly envolved with waranty coverage. They dont want to repair a truck that pulls more. In many states you just pay for the weight you want .......they dont really care what your trucks sticker says or if its safe, the states just want a few extra bucks so you can do it. In many states there are regular pickups taged for 33k .....and pull that or more , I think some go to 40k lbs.

illegally? Thats a reach at best. The manufacturers gvw and gcvw ratings are just that ratings, mostly envolved with waranty coverage. They dont want to repair a truck that pulls more. In many states you just pay for the weight you want .......they dont really care what your trucks sticker says or if its safe, the states just want a few extra bucks so you can do it. In many states there are regular pickups taged for 33k .....and pull that or more , I think some go to 40k lbs.

I think there is more to it then that.... If you have a CDL and you have a comercial HD truck with the prop rated tires.. each axle is only allowed to hold 20k lbs.. IF you have the rated tires.. Regular truck tires are not rated for that weight..

Having said that.. I safely tow an 18k trailer with an f 250... My axles and tires are rated for 6k each... the 5th wheel plate off sets the weight I think around 3k lbs.. and my truck tires are rated for 6k an axle...

somewhere in there.. with that kind of weight and those laws to apply.. I think you must have a CDL

Otherwise.. its Manufacture GVWR.. thats what the cops go by

Edited by jackpunx

If your towing more than the GCWR on the sticker and get into an accident your screwed... Just because your truck can pull it doesnt mean you can do it... Most insurance companies will not cover you if your found overweight of what the truck can tow.. That being said... Im pretty sure ( dont chastise me here cuz i havent physically went and looked it up ) that the GCWR of a 3/4 ton is going to be quite a bit less than that of a 1 ton dually :D Just my 2 cents...

Probably half the trucks in texas are plated for 33k. Not one of which has a door sticker for a gcvw that high. They are all issured, covered and because of state reciprocation must honor it. Infact I know two guys with texas resident status that pull in nv all the time. NV and some other states also offer class a non cdl licenses, like I have. Infact on my license it states doubles, triples, and M for motorcycle. I even had an officer say, well you can drive anything. I responded, with, well as long as its my stuff.

The other thing to remeber is, you can stay under you gvw even when pulling huge weights. Under on each axle, under on tires and be over 26k combined. Just more stays on the trailer, which might be rated for 20k-24k.

I dont thik the door says anything about GCVW

In some instances you hear about insurance companies trying to not cover overweight cicumstances, but overweight deals happen everyday. They still cover them, just like drunk drivers. Still covered, even if they shouldnt be.

Best way, just take a Peterbuilt, chop off the back portion. Then, take your truck, chop off the back portion. With a little JB weld, combine the two, chop two aluminum trash cans in half for fenders, and bada fuggin bing, you have an Arkansas dually.

• 1 month later...

Best way, just take a Peterbuilt, chop off the back portion. Then, take your truck, chop off the back portion. With a little JB weld, combine the two, chop two aluminum trash cans in half for fenders, and bada fuggin bing, you have an Arkansas dually.

Nuff Said... :breakdance:

:beer_bang: :poke: :breakdance: :breakdance: