Coral Trip Report

desertrider71

Made my first trip to Coral this past weekend. AMAZING! The trees and views up there were out of this world. Those who have been know what it is about and those who have never been need to go. I live at 215 and GV parkway, 197 miles from my door to the meadows. I didn't take my hauler because everyone wanted to tent camp so I said what the he!!, I will tent it too. Don't ever leave your hauler at home. :no_no: The winds were constant Saturday and blowing the tents over, pulling out stakes and all. We actually packed up Saturday night and headed back home it was so bad :bawl: . I didn't get a chance to try out my helmet cam or anything. We did ride all day Saturday and I say the trip was worth every minute. If you have never ridden there read up on others posts in this section. At about noon and lasting for 1-1/2 to 2 hours the dunes are impossible to read. And the posts are spot on about the drop offs. Many props to the people who's posts here I had read before leaving. :beer_bang: :beer_bang: It made me aware of the riding conditions and I was able to prep my group about what to expect. We had one minor rollover and no injuries. Good times had by all. And since I seem to be the first to post on this subject in a while, Cane Beds road is a fuggin disaster. The dirt portion is bad and the paved portion after the dirt has huge cunks of asphalt missing. Pothole City. Again, thanks to all here.

I don't know what you are talking about. Coral Pink sucks. Nobody go there! :bawl:

:ninja:

:no_no:

Very cool, John. Glad you were able to experience the place and have a good time regardless of the chitty weather. That place IS simply amazing. I can't wait to go back this summer. Its been over two years since I have been up there. I love the riding and scenery up there. It is to do for. :beer_bang:

Glad the posts helped you out. That's what this place is all about. :beer_bang:

Thanks for the update on the cane beds rd. I will still go through Kanab if I make it up there Memorial weekend. :thumb:

Im glad you had a great trip your first time up there. I read you didnt get a chance to use your helmet cam, but did you get any pics while you were up there? I definately love coral, going to definately miss not being able to go this year!

Post up some pics if you have some!