utah summer games...

I just finished another triathlon, this time at Sand Hollow just outside St George. I did a new personal best...lol but thats only because Im slow, so its easy to go faster. I didnt find out till the end (the run) but apparently they cancelled the swim for the rest of the athletes after I was in the water. I was told they had to, because the rescue boats were full of people they fished out. I was in the very back of my group, but by the end of the swim passing people. I actually didnt think it was that hard, but I ve been swimming two days a week, atleast a mile. A couple other people, (whle on the run, when you actually say a few words) said that it was the hardest swim they had ever done.......that made me feel even better, as I fely good getting out of the water even. I was pretty fast on the bike, mid pack, got passed and did some passing, probably alittle more of the latter. Crossing cattle gaurds at 50 mph on a 17 lb bike = scary.......and I ride a busa for fun.

I actually thought about not finishing on the run, it sucked, it was a sandy rocky trail about 90% of the way. The sand and then rocks made it real hard on the ankles compared to smooth running. By the end I was coered in that red silt. I finished though, and was faster then my last one in Havasu and feel better afterwards too. It amazes me how much food I can eat the day after an event though. I probably put down 10000 calories in the 24 hrs afterwards.

Next month......I do it again.