question about utah rules

dusthol

never ridden in utah. just wondering what rules and regulations i'm going to follow while out at coral pink. i bought the california sticker for my bikes but not sure if they are accepted in utah, i keep getting different opinions on that.also can u ride double on quads. yes i know your not supposed to but..... , i saw somewhere that kids cant ride unless they pass a test? what is that ? please help with some answers.

The CA OHV sticker IS accepted and honored in Utah. :clap:

Doubles are allowed at Coral. :dance: :laughing:

Helmets are not required :driver: , EXCEPT for kids. Kids must wear one.

Kids under 8 are not allowed to ride an OHV. Kids 8-16 must pass a written test at the ranger station 1st before being able to ride there. Just go see the ranger station near the campground and they should be able to tell you everything regarding the kid thing. :D You can also call 1.800.OHV.RIDE for more information.

More info here...

http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_coral_pink.htm

and http://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/coral-pink/

thanks for the info. hopefully my kids can pass the test. :D if they dont they can sit at the trailer :driver: .where is the best place to camp? i'm coming up saturday morning. i have a 24' trailer,and a nother vehicle to park. just dont want to piss anybody off first thing there.

yeah i realize that it'll be crowded. but i gotta work friday, since my boss is a :driver: . and since i've never been there i wouldnt feel confident finding a spot in the dark. still have memories of the first time to amargosa. not a good memory. anybody wants to come by camp say hi just look for my liscense plate u cant miss me. :dance:

I like camping in the meadow (aka dry lake) area. I have never been a big fan of the campground. You should be fine as far as finging a spot for 2 rigs.

Just some things to keep in mind:

BLM there are very strict on...

-underage drinkers

-no whips

-no sticker/ registration

-riding in closed areas

...and they kinda frown on noisey camps after 10 PM.

Hey Dunefreak, can you fill your TH with fresh water at the campground? Is there room for a 40 footer to get in there and fill up?

there's no room for toyhaulers no you can't fill up water there & no atv riding allowed !!!!

:laughing:

Hey Dunefreak, can you fill your TH with fresh water at the campground? Is there room for a 40 footer to get in there and fill up?

I'm not too sure about fresh water fillup. As for a 40 footer, that is gonna be really tight in the campground. You might want to camp at the meadow. I think they only have a few spots that can accomodate large haulers from what I've been told.

Try calling the ranger's station up there. I'm sure they can tell you. ;)