banshee cooling

superdave

you banshee experts out there, do you have to purge the cooling system somehow after putting on a cool head? i took mine out a while ago after doing the top end just for a few mile brake in run and it was fine. i took it out today and ran maybe 8 or 9 miles and coming back it was kinda uphill and it started running like it was hot. it didnt boil over or anything. it may be something else but i know that feeling when the motor tightens up. i shut it down. let me hear it from you experts out there. :laughoff:

thanks. i had already put the impeller in it when i had this problem. i did all this so it wouldnt run hot. i havn't messed with it since. i have to pick up a cylinder from mike when he gets done boring it and i will ask him what he thinks.

well i guess there arent any banshee experts among us here but i got my problem figured out. checked the compression in both cylinders and they were great. the damn screws holding the throttle cable in place on the slide backed all the way out so the slide didn't work at all in the left carburator. was just running on one cylinder past idle. felt just like it did when i burned it up last time. its all good now and im ready for the next dune trip. :beercheers:

• 3 weeks later...

just insurance. the stock one is plastic and the new one i got is shaped different and looks like it would flow more coolant. with the cool head and the inline cooler i feel safe now. a good hard dune run can get thet thing hot as hell and i had no problems last time out. we will see when it gets hot out again. :headbang:

just insurance. the stock one is plastic and the new one i got is shaped different and looks like it would flow more coolant. with the cool head and the inline cooler i feel safe now. a good hard dune run can get thet thing hot as hell and i had no problems last time out. we will see when it gets hot out again. :headbang:

Eddie Sanders makes a nice inline gauge if you like to check periodically.

http://www.esr250.com/images/other/images/temp.jpg

My banhsee runs around 170 degrees duning or racing.