Had some new stuff put on Buggy

higheroctane69

So I had a new wing installed, header built, radiator shroud, and aluminum fire wall. All of this was done by inmate labor at Southern Desert Correctional Centers Prison indunstries Program called Silver state industries. There shop rates are very cheap and the inmates that work back there are very talented. They do everything from cars to buggys. Custom paint or fabrication. If anyone needs any work done for a good price let me know and I can get you in touch with the supervisor of P.I.

Here are a few bad pics of what the did for me you cant tell but they airbrushed flames into paint which they matched very well considering the age of the old paint.

Before pic

post-2194-1212289436_thumb.jpg

post-2194-1212289287_thumb.jpg

post-2194-1212289270_thumb.jpg

post-2194-1212289251_thumb.jpg

post-2194-1212289307_thumb.jpg

Alot of the cars that were restored for the car museum in the imperial palace were done out there. They now have a buggy guy who has been doing a little fab work and other stuff. They can just about do anything back there and fast turn around.

Alot of the cars that were restored for the car museum in the imperial palace were done out there. They now have a buggy guy who has been doing a little fab work and other stuff. They can just about do anything back there and fast turn around.

My car is SOLD! Took her down to Laughlin so someone from Phoenix that wanted to check her out could, and the guy bought her then and there. I was a lil sad, but not as much as I thought I'd be. It probably helps that I already bought my truck instead of waiting until I sold the car. ;) The final drive in the car to Laughlin was cool though. Staying up till 2 and getting up at 6 hurt a lil, LOL. All worth it in the end though.

Can you find out how long the guy is in for?? I would hate to take my car to them and find out he was let out on good behavior..early :thumbsdown: ...ahhh just kidding

Pete should make this a sticky so if someone needs later they can look it up easy

Capt

Do they charge hourly or by the job?

depends on the job i believe but they will give you an estimate before hand on how many hours it will take if they do it hourly and plus materials of course. but the shop rate is like 25 an hour I think it is very reasonable