Outlook Express help pls

iweb

I am in Phoenix and I can't send out emails using Outlook Express, I can receive but not send. I am on Cox and had the same problem in Vegas on Cox 2 years ago on this same laptop.

Is there like a setting in Outlook or what? It works fine at motels and at home on AT&T wifi.

I am in Phoenix and I can't send out emails using Outlook Express, I can receive but not send. I am on Cox and had the same problem in Vegas on Cox 2 years ago on this same laptop.

Is there like a setting in Outlook or what? It works fine at motels and at home on AT&T wifi.

There could be a variety of reasons, but the setting in Outlook should be fine. I would start with just calling cox and verify that something is not wrong with your account. Did you move to Phoenix or just there on a trip? Youl should also be able to go to http://webmail.west.cox.net/ and get your mail also.

Edited by mineurbiz

recheck your setting for your area...if you are recieving then you problem in in the sending settings under your account in outlook...go to tools ..acounts...view of change existing account and verify setting are correct for your area... you can always go to there website and send and recieve over the internet.

setting here are

incoming pop.west.cox.net

outgoing smtp.west.cox.net

just not sure about arizona but like minurbiz said....check his link and recheck the settings... if all else fails call cox and spen 45 min getting it fixed lol

Capt

Just visiting and found out Cox will not let me use my pop3 settings, I have to reset with their stuff so I will wait until Sunday when I am home to respond to any emails. Thanks for the help.

Just visiting and found out Cox will not let me use my pop3 settings, I have to reset with their stuff so I will wait until Sunday when I am home to respond to any emails. Thanks for the help.

use cox.net on the internet and you can check and send from there

Capt

You only need to change the outbound or SMTP server.

In an effort to deter spammers Cox blocks all external SMTP servers for residential accounts commercial accounts are not blocked.

Edited by 04toy

• 2 months later...

Ok just had CMA cable guy here and I am all cable now. But I still have the same problem, can't use my outlook to check my email at my domain. He setup another account at CMA like my domain account but it does not work, asks for user name and password which I don't have. HELP, I have a buttload of ads on CL and used my domain email account.

Ok just had CMA cable guy here and I am all cable now. But I still have the same problem, can't use my outlook to check my email at my domain. He setup another account at CMA like my domain account but it does not work, asks for user name and password which I don't have. HELP, I have a buttload of ads on CL and used my domain email account.

What are your SMTP, POP and username settings? What error is it giving you?

OK maybe I don't fully understand the issue (because I did not read the whole post), but if you are getting prompted for user name and password from Outlook while trying to check your Cox email you may need to call and have them reset your password. You username is the first part of your email address before the @ symbol.

Its working now, don't know why. It was asking for username and password for the CMA pop account that the guy setup but I don't have email with them so I deleted that pop account. Anyways my domain email is working and I think when I go to Phoenix and use my son's cox internet it won't work as before. Funny it didn't work in Vegas or Phoenix on cox.

Its working now, don't know why. It was asking for username and password for the CMA pop account that the guy setup but I don't have email with them so I deleted that pop account. Anyways my domain email is working and I think when I go to Phoenix and use my son's cox internet it won't work as before. Funny it didn't work in Vegas or Phoenix on cox.

I know that when I connect to a Cox cable modem setup I have to change my SMTP server to smtp.west.cox.net to be able to send email. My POP server stays the same, pop.{my_domain}.com.