Advice for possible build

ocean's 4

:headbang: I was thinking about building a quad from the ground up, kind of a hybrid quad with parts from different quads, sort of a summer project. I was looking for a frame to buy, hopefully a yfz450 for the base of the project, and hopefully a yfz450 motor. I was looking on ebay for frames, and found some, but the problem is they don't have paperwork to register it. I emailed the guy and he said I would have to take it to the DMV and get it stamped. Sounded fishy to me. Has anyone ever done a ground up build (quad or rail)? If so, how did you go about getting it registered? It is worth my time, or should I get a papered frame to begin with?

Give me your input. :smiley:

Laeger's and Lonestar build aftermarket frames.. might be worth while to ask them how they document thier frames for the DMV or if it depends on the diffrent states... I know i wouldnt want to be riding around stopped by blm and have them run the frame and get nailed..

I looked up Laegers, nice frames, but way too high for my blood. I found frames on ebay for $695.00, but no papers. Laegers is a manufacturer, so I think they have no problem getting their stuff registered.

I looked up Laegers, nice frames, but way too high for my blood. I found frames on ebay for $695.00, but no papers. Laegers is a manufacturer, so I think they have no problem getting their stuff registered.

If your going to get a new frame I heard that if you powdercoat it pink it adds 5hp. :laughoff: