5th Wheel - Hooking Up - Ripped Out Trailer Elec Cable

Sandpirates2

:DDRrocks: Well, I finally got myself in a position that I need help big time and quickly. While backing up to the hauler (5th Wheel), I backed under the king pin, and suprise, when I went to hook up the safety cable for the brakes, and my electrical cable, the electrical was missing from the trailer. It seems that while I was backing up, somehow it got caught, and pulled, the cable from out of the elec box behind the 5th wheel, and I ended up with *&^@!#$&( WIRES......some of them I can trace back, but I've got three that I have no way to know where in that elec box they were connected. I'm supppose to be leaving Friday, but this could be a set back.....anyone out there know anything about this.

2008 Weekend Warrior LED3505 hooking to a 2006 F350.

SP2 :lol:

Edited by Sandpirates2

Are you talking about the wire that plugs into the truck or the other end that comes out of the trailer? If it's out of the truck that should be pretty simple but if your talking about the harness from the inside of the trailer out to the truck then I think you have a bigger problem. If the wires broke off inside you may not be able to trace them without getting very involved. this is one of the times I would say call Ken at Johhny walkers on Flamingo and Boulder Hwy and see if he can get you in before your trip.

Edited by ynot

Thanks guys - it's the cable that comes out of the trailer. But it seems to have all terminated into a 2-gang elec box behind the king pin box. I can match 4 of the original terminations but I've got three that I have no flip'n idea. There's also a 3 terminal fuse box that's inline as well, of which two of the wires are broken off there, but the third is missing altogether. Camp World in Henderson is about 6 miles from the house, I'll see about calling them in the am.

SP2 :DDRrocks:

OH SNAP!

7 pin wiring diagram

if you only have three....thats only 6 different combinations.....get started on it :lol:

i hope the above link can help

:whoop: Thanks Jason, the issue is that it's the internal wiring of the trailer where it connects to that diagram cable. The colors are different, and there wired into a 2 gang electrical box with termination points and fuses that have no identity. :DDRrocks::lol::thumb: Hey when I :shake: I do a good job...... :clap:

ok you should have a green a red and a brown wire connected to the fuse block that goes to the trailer. Match those colors to the new whip. Green to green red to red and brown to brown. Those are your turn marker and stop lights. The next wire is blue from the new whip, mine went to two black like 14 guage wires these are your brakes!!! The next white wire from whip goes to two white wires from trailer and they are ground should terminate to lugs and a screw on the double gang box. Then a 10-12 guage black wire this is the charge wire should go to a circuit breaker (30 amp) that goes to another black wire pm the other side of the breaker (note this may also be a one way diode also sold at camping world next to the whips to prevent the trailer from draining the truck batts, also be sure to check 30 amp fuse above your batteries I bet it blew one of them) the last is yellow from the whip. This is not used on WW but cap it as it's aux power

tow vehicle. That's it!!!

:beerbong: Paul, Dude I owe you a case of cool ones... :driver: I went back tonight after work, and had to get a new diode, the other one got pulled in half, but I went down the line, replaced one of the 7.5 fuses and double wired it to a break-away connector, so the next time I pull a stupid stunt, I might survive it. Anyway, took about 45 minutes, pulled it in and it all works well. The yellow wire got me, as I had heard it was what charged my Batt's. But everything turned out great. Thanks for the help, and next outting, I'll have that case for you for sure. Camp World did tell me that for $75 that would have done it. But after reading your note, It looked do-able for sure. Now were loading up the hauler and getting ready to hit Pismo on Saturday morning.

Hey Cheese - were meeting friends up on the hill at Indian Hills Camp Friday night, so we wont be hitting the crib in Bako this weekend, but sure do appreicate the offers...look forward to seeing you guys in Oct in DD.

:6pak: Thanks, SP2 Mike

Edited by Sandpirates2

:beerbong: Paul, Dude I owe you a case of cool ones... :driver: I went back tonight after work, and had to get a new diode, the other one got pulled in half, but I went down the line, replaced one of the 7.5 fuses and double wired it to a break-away connector, so the next time I pull a stupid stunt, I might survive it. Anyway, took about 45 minutes, pulled it in and it all works well. The yellow wire got me, as I had heard it was what charged my Batt's. But everything turned out great. Thanks for the help, and next outting, I'll have that case for you for sure. Camp World did tell me that for $75 that would have done it. But after reading your note, It looked do-able for sure. Now were loading up the hauler and getting ready to hit Pismo on Saturday morning.

Hey Cheese - were meeting friends up on the hill at Indian Hills Camp Friday night, so we wont be hitting the crib in Bako this weekend, but sure do appreicate the offers...look forward to seeing you guys in Oct in DD.

:6pak: Thanks, SP2 Mike

glad you got yo' :poop: fixed :dope:

have fun @ the dunes!!