New Yamaha Raptor 90

Free Agent

09MS_Raptor90_blu_S2_129a3d7a.jpg

I'm starting to wonder how different the 90cc quads really are from one another.

The Polaris, Kawai, Can Am, and now the Yami all look quite similar under the tupperware.

The enclosed, fan cooled 2 valve 4 stroke.

The Zuki 90 still quite unique though, and the Honda 90 heavy, clunky, and long in the tooth.

But, maybe it's just me.

The Yami 80 ran the best IOHO's of all the 90 and under quads, and hopefully the new 90 will be a bit better.

We're buying one as soon as it arrives at our dealer.

Some of the 90's on the market offer CDI kits, which lifting the RPM limiter is essential before any mods should be done.

A DDR tip: If you have the Can Am 90, look under the right fender, locate the CDI box, and smartly pull out the grey wire. It's a simple bullet connector, it'll pull right out.

The RPM's will rise noticably, as well as a more correct timing will thus be allowed.

If we don't sell the Zuki Z90 maybe we can get Pete to do a shootout test on the Yami vs the Zuki.

That would be worth some smiles..

The 2008 Can Am 90 is full of problems that hopefully will be corrected in the 2009's.

Lot's of angry parents we talked to, and especially so because the Can Am is $1200 more that the other (Japan) 90's on the market.

We talked to 3 parents on the internet that got their Can Ams lemon law'd BTW.

Edited by yfzdad

I started with 2-stroke polaris 50's for the kids. Sold them went to the Suzuki 4-stroke I used them once sold them and bought 2 Polaris 90's those things jam and stay strong. When it comes to the little quads go for Polaris.

Later