Robbie Madison 96 FT Jump

Jakster884

yeah I was gonna say wtf? I thought he jumped farther than that last year. :thumb:

He did. 322 feet was last year. BUT this jump is going to be straight up! :ah:

The 27-year-old Aussie will jump his bike more than 120 feet high and land on the top of the 96-foot-high and 40-foot-deep replica Arc de Triomphe in front of Paris Las Vegas. What goes up must come down, and Maddison’s not going to argue with physics. Upon completing the jump, he will then drop off the Arc and freefall 50 feet to a massive landing ramp below. Maddison’s impressive resume, in addition to his record-breaking distance jumps, includes a very successful freestyle motocross career. In March, Maddison leapt an astounding 378 feet in Australia.

“I had some doubts last year whether or not I could jump a football field,” said Maddison. “But as I practiced, I got more and more confident and realized I could pull it off; and I did, twice. This year, the doubts are way bigger. The jump has never been done before, but I’m confident in my ability and I believe that as I start training, the dream that seems impossible will become a reality.”

Millen will attempt to become the first person to complete and land a backflip in an off-road truck. The flip will take place at a location to be determined in Las Vegas. Millen’s flip demands the truck to travel a distance of 80 feet at a height of 50 feet. During his final practice before the 2007 event, Millen overshot the landing, resulting in injury, damage to his vehicle and his withdrawal from the event. The 36-year-old New Zealand native is fully recovered and more determined than ever. Millen’s motorsports credibility is unrivaled. He was the 2005 Formula Drift champion and 2008 Red Bull Drifting World Championship winner, Pikes Peak International Hill Climb world record holder and has been the lead stunt driver in several commercials and movies, such as Dukes of Hazzard and Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift.

“Last year we attempted what was before then thought impossible,” said Millen. “Laws of physics and vehicle dynamics were pushed to the limits with success, but failure came in one small mis-calculation. My body can be broken but my mind cannot. This year, people will witness the first ramp to ramp back flip in an off-road truck - ever!”

Maddison and Millen will be practicing for their epic night at the Red Bull Compound training facility north of Los Angeles, which features massive foam pits for each athlete to safely prepare to make history.

I was at the Rio last year Dec 29-Jan1 watching and taking pics of Robbie, even videos don't really show how high it is. He jumped farther on Dec 29 & 30, 340+ft , on the 31st there was a head wind.

post-1632-1229823597_thumb.jpg

Another freestyler, Robbie Renner did a 59'2" tailwhip July this year at another Redbull event at the Santa Monica pier

post-1632-1229820328_thumb.jpg

Rhys was at the Pomona CORR race and stopped by Jerry's pit, he broke 5 vertebrae in trying to back flip that truck, think it was 3 in his neck . The ramp has a kicker at the end, when the front wheels hit it the front of the truck gets launched up, then the kicker is supposed to fall level with the ramp.... his last jump the kicker dropped early. Here's a link to the crash video http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/watchvideo/...eo---full-accid

Edited by RUn2it

Lee, you take and have some incredible pics man. You gotta post those up more often! :thumb:

That failed truck backflip video makes me cringe every time I watch it. :ah: My back hurts just seeing that.

The Robbie Renner, tailwhip, Redbull pic is borrowed, Robbie Maddison is mine. I had to be in Chula Vista for CORR testing. My choice was 15 minutes of 2 wheel action or all day 900HP 4000lb trucks bashin and bangin.....hmmm :flipoff:

post-1632-1229832433_thumb.jpg

Edited by RUn2it