water heater problem

Sandfrk33

My last trip out to the dunes, my water heater quit working. It still works when I switch it to electric, but not with gas. Anyone know anything about them, or should I quit being a cheapskate and take it in. Any help would be appreciated.

last weekend @ outlet center mine reset light for the water heater kept coming on i was wtf but then it would start working again a few hours later the frige light started flashing and i found out my dumb a$$ was just out of gas lol im not sure what ur prob may be but i have found out in my practice its usualy something easy good luck

How bout some info on that water heater, it might be 1 of those with that overheat safety link in the wires that you can see when you open the access door. If so you can take it off and bypass it to test, my brothers WW has had that happen twice now. The 2nd item to check is the thermocouple, sits in the pilot flame. If it has an electronic ignition / circuit board it can be a head scratcher. Ck for a fuse on the circuit board and try disconnecting and reconnect the elect connections. If the elect ignition works you should hear a clicking as it arcs. good luck.

How bout some info on that water heater, it might be 1 of those with that overheat safety link in the wires that you can see when you open the access door. If so you can take it off and bypass it to test, my brothers WW has had that happen twice now. The 2nd item to check is the thermocouple, sits in the pilot flame. If it has an electronic ignition / circuit board it can be a head scratcher. Ck for a fuse on the circuit board and try disconnecting and reconnect the elect connections. If the elect ignition works you should hear a clicking as it arcs. good luck.

Checked all the fuses and breakers. I've got full tanks of gas. Today I blew 2 lbs of sand out of it with my compressor and still nothing. When I turn it on, it doesn't click or try to light. I'll take it in before next trip. Thanks for the help.

I would like to know the story behind your avatar...

Just another day at the dunes. Single a-arm front end, spindle snapped in half on a ride and I didn't even know it till I got back to camp. Pulled in and it just fell over.