dumont conditions as of today

sandawg

Just got in from Dumont. Went out Thursday and came home this moring. Winds were horiffic on Thursday night and all day Friday. Wind died down by 3 or 4 yesterday leaving us with the smoothest sand I have ever seen. We went on the back side to the west towards the south pole and cruised for an hour or so with no tracks at all. With the base of damp sand a few inches below the surface it was spectacular and I went places on the Rhino I had never been before. Made the trip worth it even if it was short. Saw Bert coming in this morning when I was leaving. He'll have some good riding today!!!! He didn't see me.

First trip since I had the cataracs removed from both eyes. I can read the sand now better than I have for 10-15 years. No more glasses to see, only to read!!!!

Seems like a lot of the loose sand that was on the flats has been blown back towards the dunes. We had no trouble moving around at all with our rigs. Maybe the days of getting stuck trying to get close to the dunes has been lessened!!!

I'm a happy duner for sho!!! :laughoff:

Edited by SANDAWG

NOW that you have your eyes fixed now maybe they can fix your mental abilities as well. :laughoff:

no glad to hear that you can see again.

ooh pat just to tell ya. now that ya can see again. now you can see me life size. i might be a bit bigger than you thought. :laughoff:

anyway you still thinkin about selling your rhino, i have a buddy that has cash lookin for one.

im looking for a 5x10 trailer as well. or something close so i can take my golf cart out there.

Good to hear you had a good time. Sometimes it's a little creepy when knowone is there. When the winds blow like that is always fun to stay in play games and :lol:

But, just one thing:

:laughoff:

j/k

Traveled real lite and it was a quick trip, forgot the camera. Use your manaurgashun!!! :lol: See, I can spell too!! :lol:

#3 and Mom OK???

NOW that you have your eyes fixed now maybe they can fix your mental abilities as well. :laughoff:

no glad to hear that you can see again.

ooh pat just to tell ya. now that ya can see again. now you can see me life size. i might be a bit bigger than you thought. :laughoff:

anyway you still thinkin about selling your rhino, i have a buddy that has cash lookin for one.

im looking for a 5x10 trailer as well. or something close so i can take my golf cart out there.

I had no problem seeing the "mass" and I didn't need to see "details" :lol: !!!

I want to try and sell the KFX first, If I just can't I will consider it. Not right now though!

thanks anyway!

Bob's rail is good to go. No problem found. He's happy too! :laughoff:

Edited by SANDAWG

Thats awesome Pat. That is cool how duning is that much better for you now that you've had your eyes hooked up. :rules: Sounds like it was some kickass sand out there. I can't wait for next weekend. :woo_hoo:

Yeah Bert was going out w/ his uncle and crew this weekend. I think with Lyle as well.

Good to hear you had a good time. Sometimes it's a little creepy when knowone is there. When the winds blow like that is always fun to stay in play games and :dunno:

Hell no...those are the BEST days to dune! I love it when there is nobody in sight and you have the virgin dunes all to yourself. Ahh that's the life. :beerpint:

Thats awesome Pat. That is cool how duning is that much better for you now that you've had your eyes hooked up. :rules: Sounds like it was some kickass sand out there. I can't wait for next weekend. :woo_hoo:

Yeah Bert was going out w/ his uncle and crew this weekend. I think with Lyle as well.

Hell no...those are the BEST days to dune! I love it when there is nobody in sight and you have the virgin dunes all to yourself. Ahh that's the life. :dunno:

Damn, if I'd know they were coming out I would have stayed. It looked like a nice day today when I left at 8 a.m.

It was cool to hide behing mdthlfa's rig out of the wind and watch the dunes change. Needless to say with the wind we did have a couple cocktails during the day. :beerpint: Made the trip all that much better. Got my pertronix ignition today along with the weber kits to do the IDF's so will want to come out next weekend for a day and try it out!! :driver: Want to be all set up for Prez day weekend!

We parked right next to your favorite spot. No sand just hard pan!!

We were watching the birds try to fly in that wind. Funny as heck! some were only a couple of feet off the groung and we were waiting for one of them to do a body slam. Bob says it would be like a "Gooney" bird bad landing!!! :lol:

Good to hear you had a good time. Sometimes it's a little creepy when knowone is there. When the winds blow like that is always fun to stay in play games and :woo_hoo:

But, just one thing:

:rules:

:dunno:

:beerpint:

j/k

Your so worried about a picture, then here it is!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

And you don't!

Naa naa naa nee naa!!

:driver: