Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

if it makes everyone feel better my wife just sent me an e-mail..

Here is a cut and paste.

loosing 1/2 of our income is gonna make things rough!!!

looks like we are in the clear for now!

Posted

:beercheers: i AGREe, we have 4 kids and the schools out here suck. It also depends where you live. They want to take away sports and other activties that keep our children from getting into trouble. Why doesn't the gov and the head of the school district take a pay cut. They make 6 figures a year. While they role in the dough our children suffer. I don't think the teacher union will let it happen, not only that they have a contract with the school district. Our children are the future, no wounder why we have the highest drop out rate, we don't pay our teachers enough, so why should they give a crap.

Posted

:banghead: i AGREe, we have 4 kids and the schools out here suck. It also depends where you live. They want to take away sports and other activties that keep our children from getting into trouble. Why doesn't the gov and the head of the school district take a pay cut. They make 6 figures a year. While they role in the dough our children suffer. I don't think the teacher union will let it happen, not only that they have a contract with the school district. Our children are the future, no wounder why we have the highest drop out rate, we don't pay our teachers enough, so why should they give a crap.

Posted

CA cut the correctional officers (fancy name for prision guards) pay by 10%

sorry to hear about that skyz

California has the same problem. They "were" trying to cut all state workers pay (8-10%). But our treasurer made a stand to out "govenator" and told him were to go (as for now). Thank god, because our household consists of 2 state workers, prison guards. But yes, we would still be more than thankful for our jobs. You can see just in the communities how tuff it is getting out there.

Posted

I have to agree with everyone. I work for a Fortune 500 company and at the end of last year we were told that we would not be getting any raises for the next 2 years, no incentives, no 401k matching, cost of benefits going up, etc.... Now, you would probably say "at least you still have a job"..... That is what I said, until this Monday. We are having a BIG meeting at the end of the month to go over "restructuring". Have heard that there is a potential for another 20% of the workforce losing their jobs. My location could be a good chunk (rumors are floating). :beercheers:

My heart goes out to every body. I should say the "little guy". I am so tired of all of these corporate big wigs making bank and the rest of us struggling to make ends meet. :laughoff: I especially feel bad for the teachers out here since the schools suck so bad as is.

Good luck to everyone.

Posted

I agree that 6% is a big cut for school teachers when they are helping to educate the adults of tommarrow.

But on the other hand I have taken a 20% pay cut loss my monthly truck allowense and nobody contributes to my 401k but me.

I hope every body makes it through this with as little trouble or loss as possible. I sure as hell dont want to have to try and sale my toys.

Posted (edited)
desertskyz said:

The big thing is where did all the money go and who is accountable? That's what I want to know.

..

Edited by sMitty
Posted

It is sad to see everyone having problems my friend is now a truck driver away from his family for 28 days home for 5 and then gone for 28 again and again this after a steady job for 17 years. But lets bail out banks and car makers instead of the general public. I heard something pretty interesting if the federal goverment gave every household $150,000.00 it would cost 3 billion dollars instead of 7 billion to bail out banks I must be stupid cause I don't get it. Now don't you think that would pump money into the economy and folks might spend some money DUH? But I'm just a working class dog. CEO's why don't you take a bigger pay cut rather than punish the middle class guy? I pray my wifes check cashes every two weeks, glad I have a job (no more 401k match anymore) but why don't we help the "regular" working person instead of big companies? Good luck to us all.

Posted

X3 I do agree everybody needs to cut back.

Private business is getting harder than 6% I guarantee you!

X4 - As I manage a fairly large team, I went through a 4 hour meeting on Monday with my senior executives and now must let 19 people go this coming Friday. These people are not bad performers, and most of them have been with the company for 10 years plus, but I'll bet each one of them on Friday would have taken a 20% pay cut as opposed to not having a job. I've got friends over at Techicolor in Burbank that just let 85 people go last week, and plans are to cut another 50, so any job at this point is better than nothing.

SP2 Mike :headbang1:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...