WTF 6% pay cut

desertskyz

Nevada is notorious for over taxing the Middle Class and under taxing the Upper Class.

Where the hell did all the money go in the first place. How come there has been no accountability?

Please read on: This was researched by one of our (most respectable AP Gov. teachers)

So Governor Gibbons wants to take away 6%. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the total teachers have received over the last five years ?

Here is some information you might be interested in: The Mayor and City of Las Vegas Council members voted themselves a 52% pay increase in 2007 (LV Review Journal 9-29-07).

Members of the Metropolitan Police Department received a 23% increase in 2006 (LV Review Journal August 30, 2006).

The Clark County Fire Department received similar increases and the Laughlin Fire Department members (who, if they live in Las Vegas, are required to travel 10 days a month) also have an $8,000 "remote pay" bonus. I seem to recall that teachers get about $2,000 or $3,000 from traveling there 22 days a month...but I'm sure there's a good reason for the disparity..it probably isn't so "remote" if you have to go there 22-23 days a month. (Nevada Policy Research Institute and KLAS-TV Las Vegas NOW 9-22-08)

Nevada court judges (ALL State Judges) WILL receive a 32% increase THIS MONTH...BUT...it is their first raise in 6 years...sort of like ours, right? (MSNBC KRNV-TV 12-26-08) ( I think I could live with 32% every 6 years)

And you'll all love this one: Clark County Workers AVERAGE annual raises from 1997 through 2002 was 6 % per year, 2003 5.75%) I couldn't find anything for the last few years but I'm sure its there.

(Las Vegas Review Journal Aug-29-Tue-2006)

And I found all of this in just 15 minutes ...imagine what a good investigative reporter could find? Google "pay increases Las Vegas" (or Clark County or whatever...)

And the Governor wants our 6% . If he also takes 6% from everyone else...I'm sure it will even out., right?

:blink: Governor Gibbons, you lying, cheating, lousy bastad.

:rant_on: on hold for now.

Edited by desertskyz

CA cut the correctional officers (fancy name for prision guards) pay by 10%

sorry to hear about that skyz

Daughter works for Nevada DMV and they are cutting them too, as I understand it. She already works for a pittance! :(

better than no job at all

Not to be a jerk SKYZ....... but it is what it is. Be thankfull your still employed. A lot of peeps have had pay cuts. I'm down $800-1200 a month and FedEx is no longer contributing to our 401k. My friends that turn wrench's are down bigtime. Same with loan officers, salesmen and just about everyone I know!!!

Guest Crasher

Not to be a jerk SKYZ....... but it is what it is. Be thankfull your still employed. A lot of peeps have had pay cuts. I'm down $800-1200 a month and FedEx is no longer contributing to our 401k. My friends that turn wrench's are down bigtime. Same with loan officers, salesmen and just about everyone I know!!!

Amen. My thoughts exactly. A lot of peeps don't even have jobs anymore. Everyone is taking a beating one way or another through all of this. We all just have to do what we can anymore. Seems like most of us are still able to keep our toys right now, so we should be somewhat thankful. Others are not so lucky. :(

However, I do agree with you that the Mayor and other city/county officials giving themselves an increase during this time sets a really poor example for the hard working people who need it much more. BS! :laughoff:

Edited by Crasher

We didnt take a pay cut, but since I'm a flat rate technician if there's no work there's no money. Im down at least $1,200 to $1,500 a month and a total of $26,000 less than what I made in 2007. Plus they cut our christmas bonus this year, and no longer contribute to our 401k.

And although this is all chitty, I am thankful I still have a job and can afford a few trips out the Dunes

Amen. My thoughts exactly. A lot of peeps don't even have jobs anymore. Everyone is taking a beating one way or another through all of this. We all just have to do what we can anymore. Seems like most of us are still able to keep our toys right now, so we should be somewhat thankful. Others are not so lucky. :(

However, I do agree with you that the Mayor and other city/county officials giving themselves an increase during this time sets a really poor example for the hard working people who need it much more. BS! :laughoff:

X3 I do agree everybody needs to cut back.

Private business is getting harder than 6% I guarantee you!

Don't get me wrong, I am truly blessed to have my job and with the amount of seniority I have, if they cut personnel, I will be the last to go.

What gets me is that Nevada educators are some of the worse paid in the nation, yet our wonderful Gov. wants to hit us hard, while they are living in tall cotton. :dunno:

The big thing is where did all the money go and who is accountable? That's what I want to know.

:whistle: It's just frustrating to have to pay the price for other peoples F ups.

I'll just have to take my :DDRrocks::slap: on a hike in the desert with my dogs after work then have afew :laughoff: later and try not to think about.

Don't get me wrong, I am truly blessed to have my job and with the amount of seniority I have, if they cut personnel, I will be the last to go.

What gets me is that Nevada educators are some of the worse paid in the nation, yet our wonderful Gov. wants to hit us hard, while they are living in tall cotton. :dunno:

The big thing is where did all the money go and who is accountable? That's what I want to know.

:whistle: It's just frustrating to have to pay the price for other peoples F ups.

I'll just have to take my :DDRrocks::slap: on a hike in the desert with my dogs after work then have afew :laughoff: later and try not to think about.

I am with you on this one. ACCOUNTABILITY???????????????????? Nevada goes out and builds a butt-load of state of the art schools, and who knows how much each one cost, and the pay for the teachers is shiat!!!! I believe that teachers should make a huge salary. Serious....I do not have kids, by choice....but if I did I would want them in a good teaching enviroment. If Nevada doesn't pay sh*t, they get sh*t......................so to speak. NO OFFENSE. But I just believe Nevada has their head in their azz.

Here here! Getting a cut in pay and losing our 401K is difficult. It amounts to far more than 5%. One good thing is that our CEO took a 20% and many of the FedEx executives took 7-10% cuts. Other companies have their executives still getting golden parachutes and living high on the hog! Kind of like the Nevada politicians! :dunno:

We've cut way back and still go to the dunes. KEEP GAS PRICES DOWN!!! :laughoff:

X3 I do agree everybody needs to cut back.

Private business is getting harder than 6% I guarantee you!

How about negative income :angry2: :broke::bawl: There is some happy thoughts.NOT!!!! :D

Anybody who is working right now really needs to be happy they have a job,cause this really sucks.

Edited by Danielle

This is why I take care of fish for a living.

Of course, there may be a new owner for the Mirage soon... who may not like fish :(

Hey Skys, there's always stripping!

I just threw up in my mouth!!! Besides, that industry is down too.

This is why I take care of fish for a living.

Of course, there may be a new owner for the Mirage soon... who may not like fish :(

Hey Skys, there's always stripping!

:blonde: Like car wax and wood and stuff like that?

I just threw up in my mouth!!! Besides, that industry is down too.

Now maybe you'll suceed at throwing up on yourself.

post-1439-1231947072_thumb.jpg

if it makes everyone feel better my wife just sent me an e-mail..

Here is a cut and paste.

Hey,

They made some fast changes today, moving all of HR under the ******* organization and tomorrow we have a mandatory meeting with one of the presidents who has been enforcing budget cuts across the board. I was told that we might not have a job tomorrow, and now I feel sick to my stomach. That was just a speculation, but this is a bit nerve racking.

loosing 1/2 of our income is gonna make things rough!!!

That really sucks, in our area they are talking about cutting positions in public schools and increasing class size. My kids go to private school as it is, but the economy is effecting them as well, people just cant afford the expense. :beercheers: