Mountain ride 5/21

Kens Colors

Wow is there ever a bad day riding? We rode up from the west side of 95 right across from Corn Creek/Desert Wildlife Refuge. Made it all the way up to the observatory that I have seen from down here in the valley and when I was on the highway up at the mountain but I never could find a road leading up there. The really strange thing is the football field yes FOOTBALL FIELD in the middle of the mountain!! Maybe it is a landing strip for aliens disguised as a football field. Does any one know what this little city is? It is just right below the observatory. Where I took the pics of observatory and field we were sitting at about 8500 feet.

It was cold. You can see vegas down in the distance.

post-416-1148251286_thumb.jpg

post-416-1148251364_thumb.jpg

post-416-1148251419_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ken's Colors

Wow, cool Ken. Where exactly is that? That's really wierd about that football field! :dunno:

Thats the Spring mnt. youth camp, Many years ago it used to be located at the end of Lovell Canyon Road but was moved to it's current location. You can drive to it by taking the Deer Creek Road and then taking the Angel Peak turn.

Don

Yep it was called angel peak. Youth Camp that makes sense! I saw a big pile of firefighting picks and a bunch of big planks of wood that I see stuff built from all around the campgrounds. They are the ones maintaining the campgrounds and the mountain.

Edited by Ken's Colors