2005 TRX450R Project

Vegashd

Been looking for a YFZ450 to build up and have found some good deals and some people who must be financed up to their a$$ not so good deals... LOL

I found a 2005 TRX450R. It had Ishock Aarms and FMF Factory 4 Complete exhaust, Pro Taper bars......AND a blown motor. THe motor was in a million pieces.

I looked over the motor and made a parts list of what would be needed yesterday and calle dthe kid back to come look at it again.

THey wanted $2000 for the quad as she sat. I offered 1500 knowing I would pay no more then 1700 for it. Loaded it up and off I was for $1600.

Most the parts will be upgraded parts in the motor as well as the exhaust will be changed out from the FMF Factory 4 to a Dasa. It will be getting a bored out CRF carb, 12:1 piston, new crank and all rebuilt. Should have most the parts here tomorrow to start reassembling the motor.

The graphics are ugly as well as the black plastic. Ill probably go with white plastic.

Heres a few pics of the quad.

IMG_9196.jpg

IMG_9197.jpg

IMG_9198.jpg

the exhaust and all hardware that will be forsale. It was used for less then 10 minutes

IMG_9199.jpg

Thats a spendy rebuild.

Nah, I wont rebuild it to stock. I will be doing a JE piston, Dasa bored CRF carb, HRC cam, Dasa exhaust, Factory Crank cause the Wiseco cranks are junk, OEM TI valves, Dasa intake and some other stuff.

A bone stock used motor will run you 1500. This will cost me about 1700 to rebuild it the way I WANT to...

Edited by Vegashd