Flatbed Trailer Painter

pjcnlv

I have the second deck on my Carson RV Special and now need the entire trailer painted. Can you all make recommendations for a good painter in the Las Vegas Valley?

Thanks

What part do you need painted? The wood deck? Or the whole trailer?

Thanks for the quick reply!

The wood deck is not that important. The main part of the trailer is silver (one coat Carson version). The second deck is bare mild steel (no rust). I want to paint both light gray which should be close to the original silver color.

I will post an image tonight.

Hmm. I was gonna say just rattle-can it, but maybe a place like a one-day paint place could to it pretty cheap and a lil better quality than spray paint. I can ask a couple friends of mine that do paint work on cars etc. I'll get back to you if I find someone. :laughoff:

Way too much to rattle can!

I'd like a shop to blast the trailer and paint it right.

Here are a few pictures. I have one more evening of cleaning up weld slag and stuff and it's ready for the paint shop.

Click on the attachments.

Also, on second thought, I'd like it painted dark gray or black. A light coat on the wood is fine. It's already crap and will be replaced in a year or two.

post-515-1150345121.jpg

post-515-1150345137.jpg

post-515-1150345153.jpg

How about just using an airless like a Wagner Power Painter. I've painted various items with mine with great success.

I might try that if the normal paint opportunities get thin. I am thinking that there has to be an industrial paint shop in LAS that can do this.

• 3 weeks later...

pjcnlv:

If you cant find anyone to shoot it let me know. Do you have anyone that could blast it? And do you have an air compressor and an area to shoot it? At worst I am almost sure I could come up with a place to shoot it, I'd just need it blasted. To give you a little background, I'm a paint rep for PPG, and have been painting for too many years. Materials and colors would not be a problem.

hell we just gave ours a quick sanding knock all the rough sh*t off and went right over the top... Looks good to me.. its a trailer its gonna get beat to hell so it doesnt have to be perfect.. :D We also shot ours outdoors just had to wait for a day w/ no wind/rain etc.. :D