Pismo

Duner23

Anybody have any problems running their cars at Pismo? I heard it's not good to run your car there? Any opinions or stories? Thanks

I just bought a car that had been to pismo and I would not take it back there. There is rust on every bolt and exposed metal peice on the car. It is going to take alot of work to get it alll off. I always wondered if a car would get rusty there and now I know.

I just bought a car that had been to pismo and I would not take it back there. There is rust on every bolt and exposed metal peice on the car. It is going to take alot of work to get it alll off. I always wondered if a car would get rusty there and now I know.

Did you have it out there for a couple of days? Do you think it would rust on day trips?

Did you have it out there for a couple of days? Do you think it would rust on day trips?

I didn't have it out there. It was the previous owner. I just see what I just see what it has done to it. I have heard that if you spray down all the raw metal with wd40 sh*t wont rust so quick.

I been to pismo once and I am not planing to bring my bikes back again....... to much time setting things up and then cleaning everything after wards, not worth it for me........then the place is not big enough, so

in my opinion is not recommended but that's my story and sticking to it :beercheers:

Great place to dune, camp, bbq, ride with friends and fam during the summer.

When dumont is 120, Pismo is still 85 degrees all day long.

Keep the toys covered from the mist at night, don't ride on water, and give them a good power wash @ Bob's. That's what I do with the truck, trailer, atv's each time I'm out there and I come home without rust. Spraying bare metal with wd40 will make a big differce too! A bit of maintenance is not too much work to have mad fun in the summer.

I'll always come back to Pismo!

It's not really a big deal as long as you wash everything down afterwards at the coin wash. It's also not a great place for large v8 rails. It's pretty small with alot of bikes and quads. There is really no room to open it up.

Also, all the dunes face one direction since the wind always blows off the ocean. The dunes have a soft rise on the west with a steep, long dropoffs on the east, you cant really flow like at Dumont and Glamis.

A small 2 seater with a V-dub is fine. That's normally all you see. When are you planning on going? I'm going for sure the last saturday of June if you want to hookup for a ride.

Like what they said, WD-40. Went on a July 4th weekend with a bike and buggy, sprayed both all over, nobody else did. Next trip to Dumont they had rust and only the paint bare places on my exhausts and bars had any trace of rust, didn't spray the bars :headbang1: and the exhaust cooked off the WD-40. :beercheers:

The rust factor is there but the question is how does a rail roll in Pismo. Can't tell you dont have one. :blury: But I do know its fun and worth the trip even if you have to give it a extra rinse or two. :beercheers::whoop: Just my :2cents:

Your right, I don't own a rail, I wont for a long time. But please read what I highlighted here

Anybody have any problems running their cars at Pismo? I heard it's not good to run your car there? Any opinions or stories? Thanks

:laughing::headbang1:

Pismo is the ONLY place in cali you can camp on the beach in the sand, its worth it for that only. But you can ride and play in the dunes maybe small but dunes and it rarely gets over 85 rarely.

cover stuff at night the mist carry's salt.

DONT ride in the water, lots of people do you can spot them by the rust on their stuff

Your right, I don't own a rail, I wont for a long time. But please read what I highlighted here

:headbang1::beercheers:

Don't read into the post too close. My post was directed to the original poster. I do not own a rail either. Hopefully not for too long.

you dont want to run your full sized rail at pismo when it is busy, which is every freekin weekend....

too many sxs and quads, with tards for pilots for a rail to open up without hitting someone.

take the busiest time you have ever seen on the hill at dumont, and multiply that x 100.

there are some areas in the back back back, and the dunes backthere are like 20 to 30 ft tall.. (about the tallest finger dune :beercheers: ) still bunch of quads and sxs back there too.

i dont even go on the busy weekends anymore....i call them azzhat holidays, too many rude, no attention-payin, im all about me, meee, meeeee,and more meeeeeeee, drinkin all day dumbasses to have a good time

IF you want to go, your best bet is middle of the week, tues, wed, early thurs....but even then, you have to be cautious, as oceano riding area is like 1/10 the size of dumont