Anyone here fix TV's?

Raptor0206

So i got the 2 year old 32" Polaroid LCD flat screen tv that stopped working yesterday. I shut it off and left, came back 3 hours later and its dead. The red light on the front was on like normal, it turns to blue once on but it stay red and nothing happens, i tried the button on the side and remote and nothing. It was plugged into a expensive surge protector, that wasn't tripped.

Anyone have any ideas? :whistle::laughoff::laughoff::lol:

Edited by Raptor0206

So i got the 2 year old 32" Polaroid LCD flat screen tv that stopped working yesterday. I shut it off and left, came back 3 hours later and its dead. The red light on the front was on like normal, it turns to blue once on but it stay red and nothing happens, i tried the button on the side and remote and nothing. It was plugged into a expensive surge protector, that wasn't tripped.

Anyone have any ideas? :beercheers::ban-split::whoop::banghead:

As with anything, try the easiest stuff 1st. Try unpluging (power down) for awhile then replug and check manual for a reset. Also if you have blue screen you might have bumped a remote button and changed source/input. Check your actual source too, sat receiver, cable box etc. good luck

As with anything, try the easiest stuff 1st. Try unpluging (power down) for awhile then replug and check manual for a reset. Also if you have blue screen you might have bumped a remote button and changed source/input. Check your actual source too, sat receiver, cable box etc. good luck

i unplugged it a few times for 5-10 min, and still nothing. I do not get a blue screen its still black and doesn't "sound" like its turning on. I also unplugged the satellite. :(

i unplugged it a few times for 5-10 min, and still nothing. I do not get a blue screen its still black and doesn't "sound" like its turning on. I also unplugged the satellite. :(

So I guess you already tried the TV power button, not just the remotes. My notebook did that and it was power transformer, a small module, that powered the on/off circuit. Seems alot of the individual circuits use a different voltage so they have their own transformers. Only suggestion left is check the manufacture's web site for a troubleshooter or maybe a FAQ. If you use Google check the "more" options and try searching "blogs", I've had luck when searching for 1st hand experience, and you don't get the commercial sites that have your search words tagged. Good luck again

my brother had a polaroid that did the same thing. Took it back to Best Buy and they tried to fix it 3 times with no progress. They just gave him a refund and he bought a Vizio, Ive had a vizio for over 4 years running as my computer screen and TV in my home office plus have a 52 inch vizio in the living room. never had an issue with them.

Well this sucks, I just seen the same tv on ebay go for 127 that has the same problem so I might do that to get some money back out of it... I'm buying a 4yr warrent with the next one :(

Just go to Costco and get a Vizio, can't beat the price and the return policy is great. I have 1 (travels in motorhome also) as well as my brother and a friend and never any problems.

What do u mean about their return policy?

They're far easier than any other retailer that I've dealt with about returns. Their return policy has changed since a worker told me of a customer that returned a computer, got a refund, bought a new computer that was faster along with a printer and left with $ in his pocket. Vizio is owned & supplied by Sony I'm told. If I remember right the new 32 Vizio LCD is true HD now, 1080p. I've seen them at Walmart also, go compare the picture.