Shop for suspension mods

YamaKiller

Who here in town does some good welding and fab work. I took my new rail out for the first time and figured out my first weak link in the system. One of the brackets that holds the a-arm on the rear broke. I think it was just a poor weld job but I want to weld and support it. It probably did not help that I was stuck in a witches eye and was dumpiung the clutch trying to get it out and even stood it straight up in the air once :beercheers:

Who here in town does this type of work

DSC01012.jpg

DSC01011.jpg

Edited by YamaKiller

You might want to go throught the entire car looking for weak welds. One the second picture that bottom section with the heim joint looks like a crappy weld also. On the other side of the axel as well, some of those welds don't look to good.

Not trying to slam your car here. It looks like a fun car, just have someone go through it and fix it right this time so you can enjoy your car out in the sand instead of worring "What"s Next"

I would seriously consider having the chassis sandblasted and have someone go back over those welds with a tig to wash them in, every weld I can see in the second pic, from the arms to the center carrier, looks very unsafe. Is that a sick sand car or a homebuilt?

Was that 1/2" tab already there when you bought it, what the hell....

Edited by Yoshi

ok, I just found some pics of your rail, I am gonna assume it's a homebuilt. If you decide to do some mods to the chassis, I would suggest putting a brace under the a-pillar to the floor, as it is in the middle of a tube right now and will easily bow down in a flip, and I would highly suggest running a cross tube between the top of the shock tower hoops before you rip those hoops off as well.....