WINCH

Duner23

Anybody put a winch in their toy hauler for their buggy's? Looking to install one and need some ideas. Thanks

look at a car hauler set up, they usually have one that is remoevable or lays under the floor...that should give you a start....... :laughoff:

Anybody put a winch in their toy hauler for their buggy's? Looking to install one and need some ideas. Thanks

I am putting one in this weekend. Have a WW 5th wheel and I am putting it under the first step leading up to the bedroom.

Ill take some pictures of the finished job and post them up when Im done.

i went to walmart and bought a $50 winch and it comes with :bert: also has long wires with alligator clips to attach to your rv battery and then i would lay the winch in the middle of the floor and run 2 tye-downs from the d-rings to the winch and then i would winch my 4-seat buggyworks car right on in. then once i got it in just throw the winch in a compartment.

Edited by giannamyhero

• 2 weeks later...

I installed a 4000 lb Warn winch with wireless remote control. Figured that way I could sit in the car and pull it in backwards while I'm in the car steering.

I put it under the first step leading up to the bedroom in a Weekend Warrior 5th wheel.

post-14-1248828381_thumb.jpg

There is a little switch on the left that allows me to manually operate the winch in case the remote fails. I cut and placed a 2 x 8 piece of wood along the back to add support for he lid of the step. Mounted the remote holder on the side also so I dont lose it. I also added guides on the bottom of the step to hold it in place so it doesnt slide once in place.

post-14-1248828589_thumb.jpg

I cut out the wood to allow the lead line through the step in front. Then cut a flap for the carpet and placed velcro on the flap to try and hide the opening when not in use.

post-14-1248828720_thumb.jpg

Added some toggle switchs to de-activate the winch when not in use and a toggle switch to de-activate the CO2 sensor because it gets set off when the buggy is running inside the trailer.

post-14-1248828891_thumb.jpg

All I have left to do is install the carpet on the step.

post-14-1248829004_thumb.jpg

On the bottom of the trailer, I had to drop the fresh water tank to add some support from the bottom. I used a 1/4' solid steel plate (12 x 12) and sandwiched 3/4" plywood (painted) in between the cross beams. Then re installed the fresh water tank.

post-14-1248829199_thumb.jpg

They gave me some short 6 gauge wire with the winch, so I bought some 4 gauge and ran it through the under the sink and through the storage compartment. Housed it in some track pvc and to the front area where the batterys are.

post-14-1248829350_thumb.jpg

Here I mounted the relay that came with the winch and connected the control lines & power lines. Connected to the battery and good to go. Gave it a trial run and pulls the buggy in like a champ.

Edited by 80grit

I installed a 4000 lb Warn winch with wireless remote control. Figured that way I could sit in the car and pull it in backwards while I'm in the car steering.

I put it under the first step leading up to the bedroom in a Weekend Warrior 5th wheel.

post-14-1248828381_thumb.jpg

There is a little switch on the left that allows me to manually operate the winch in case the remote fails. I cut and placed a 2 x 8 piece of wood along the back to add support for he lid of the step. Mounted the remote holder on the side also so I dont lose it. I also added guides on the bottom of the step to hold it in place so it doesnt slide once in place.

post-14-1248828589_thumb.jpg

I cut out the wood to allow the lead line through the step in front. Then cut a flap for the carpet and placed velcro on the flap to try and hide the opening when not in use.

post-14-1248828720_thumb.jpg

Added some toggle switchs to de-activate the winch when not in use and a toggle switch to de-activate the CO2 sensor because it gets set off when the buggy is running inside the trailer.

post-14-1248828891_thumb.jpg

All I have left to do is install the carpet on the step.

post-14-1248829004_thumb.jpg

On the bottom of the trailer, I had to drop the fresh water tank to add some support from the bottom. I used a 1/4' solid steel plate (12 x 12) and sandwiched 3/4" plywood (painted) in between the cross beams. Then re installed the fresh water tank.

post-14-1248829199_thumb.jpg

They gave me some short 6 gauge wire with the winch, so I bought some 4 gauge and ran it through the under the sink and through the storage compartment. Housed it in some track pvc and to the front area where the batterys are.

post-14-1248829350_thumb.jpg

Here I mounted the relay that came with the winch and connected the control lines & power lines. Connected to the battery and good to go. Gave it a trial run and pulls the buggy in like a champ.

Wow .... Looks great...

CApt