OHV registering?

RAGDOLL MX

does anyone have any new news on getting our OHVs registered? i was under the understanding that we were able to get a title on our vehicles with proof of MSO or bill of sale. I went to the DMV today to check on it and they not only said no...but HELL NO. i was wondering what we have to do to get a title. for now i do belive iam going to have it titled in california.

any help or new knowledge would be great.

thanks

Cole

:atc:

Why would you want to title it in the first place? If the state of NV finds out it will want to charge you sales tax If your going to sell it just do a bill of sale and if you wanted to be sure of the vin#ask metro to run it for you and have them put it on the back of their business card as being clear on that date.etc.

Terry

The 2009 Nevada Legislature passed Senate Bill 394 that requires registration and titling of off-highway vehicles if certain conditions are met. SB 394 sets up a revolving account to help fund the DMV's startup costs.

If the revolving fund reaches $500,000 by July 1, 2011, the Interim Finance Committee will notify the DMV. Registration and titling of off-highway vehicles will begin 1 year later. If the revolving fund does not reach $500,000 by 7/1/11, the changes to the statutes expire and the program will not be implemented.

SB 394 also requires the Governor to form a new Commission on Off-Highway Vehicles by July 1, 2010.

http://www.dmvnv.com/motorcycle.htm#ATVs

The 2009 Nevada Legislature passed Senate Bill 394 that requires registration and titling of off-highway vehicles if certain conditions are met. SB 394 sets up a revolving account to help fund the DMV's startup costs.

If the revolving fund reaches $500,000 by July 1, 2011, the Interim Finance Committee will notify the DMV. Registration and titling of off-highway vehicles will begin 1 year later. If the revolving fund does not reach $500,000 by 7/1/11, the changes to the statutes expire and the program will not be implemented.

SB 394 also requires the Governor to form a new Commission on Off-Highway Vehicles by July 1, 2010.

http://www.dmvnv.com/motorcycle.htm#ATVs

:dunno: :mog:

soooo what does that mean? sounds to political...like a dog chasin its tail

IT means don't hold your breath. Cole needs a title on his 70 so that it is saleable in Cali. That's all. :mog:

Cole let me know, Im in Apple Valley with a DMV not to far away. We can meet up and I can take you there. About 4 hrs from vegas.

Have you looked into registering/titling in CA??

I think you may run into trouble with that, over on GD.com there was an interesting thread about titling the 70's, but I can't get onto GD.com right now to find it. The issue seems to be with the "Evidence of Ownership".

But here is the CA info...

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr19.htm

If you purchased an OHV that has never been registered in California from anyone other than a California dealer, you will need:

--An Application for Title or Registration (REG 343).

--A vehicle verification by an authorized DMV employee or law enforcement officer, vehicle verifier, or authorized auto club employee.

--Evidence of ownership, which may be:

=The Manufacturer’s Certification of Origin endorsed to the nonlicensed dealer and any bills of sale needed to establish a complete chain of ownership to you.

=An original or certified copy of the factory invoice to the nonlicensed dealer and any bills of sale needed to establish a complete chain of ownership to you.

=Out-of-state titling documents and any bills of sale needed to establish a complete chain of ownership to you.

=OHV fees and use tax, if due.

Worth giving them a call though. :dayum: