F250 problems

THE BIG E

actually 4.1 0n the right will still go right.....WRONG AGAIN

you need the 3.6 to be about 5.0 ....with 4.5 on left

and no such thing as a 3.2 or 3.7 degree cam. are you trying to quote a book or pamphlet????????? AND AGAIN

also it is not the split that is the problem is is the direction of the split ........... AND AGAIN

you should reread my post you might learn something.

First off im NOT trying to get paid...and second off...like i said before...text book sais that the spread should be more Negative (left) to compensate for road crown...you want a car to slightly pull to the left for that reason BUT on a full size truck you can have a Positive spread and it wont make a difference you wont feel it like as if it was on a smaller car. and as far and the 3.2 to 3.7 degree ...i was referring to and increase of .5 degree bushing... to get it closer to 4 that is the idea number if you look at the specs he provided 5 is in the middle...so he needs to add .5 degree to whatever bushing is already installed on his truck. and IT IS the split the is the problem. a .9 degree positive pulls right...and .-9 degree pulls left....anything over .5 pull whether it be positive (right) or negative (left)...just positive will be more noticeable because of road crown...I am giving him the right advise .....after all i am a master tech of 15 years and worked on thousands of cars...not just FORD

:beer_bang:

First off im NOT trying to get paid...and second off...like i said before...text book sais that the spread should be more Negative (left) to compensate for road crown...you want a car to slightly pull to the left for that reason BUT on a full size truck you can have a Positive spread and it wont make a difference you wont feel it like as if it was on a smaller car. and as far and the 3.2 to 3.7 degree ...i was referring to and increase of .5 degree bushing... to get it closer to 4 that is the idea number if you look at the specs he provided 5 is in the middle...so he needs to add .5 degree to whatever bushing is already installed on his truck. and IT IS the split the is the problem. a .9 degree positive pulls right...and .-9 degree pulls left....anything over .5 pull whether it be positive (right) or negative (left)...just positive will be more noticeable because of road crown...I am giving him the right advise .....after all i am a master tech of 15 years and worked on thousands of cars...not just FORD

I think you got a point thare jasonR

then you should know what you are saying is total crap and shouldn't need a textbook????maybe shop manual?????

i guess you are right. :lol::dope::slap::MBdance::banghead:

but maybe you should try aligning a car sometime,you will find out that .5 caster split is not the magic #

especially on a ford,much less a truck

you should check out wyotech or uti

then you should know what you are saying is total crap and shouldn't need a textbook????maybe shop manual?????

i guess you are right. :lol::dope::slap::MBdance::banghead:

but maybe you should try aligning a car sometime,you will find out that .5 caster split is not the magic #

especially on a ford,much less a truck

you should check out wyotech or uti

i think you need to learn to read...i said that ..."anything over .5 pull whether it be positive (right) or negative (left)...just positive will be more noticeable because of road crown."...NOT that .5 is the magic number...but if you knew better...you would know that on a bigger vehicle...you wont notice a .5 spread then if on a smaller vehicle. that's why the specs give you such a large range...these specs wouldn't work on a smaller ford or any other small passenger car...bigger vehicles gives more "range for error" a vehicle can be in spec (across the board) and still pull...if the spread "rule of thumb" is more then .5 Positive or negative. if you look up ANY spec on ANY vehicle...you will find that left caster is always less then the right..its done this way to compensate for road crown..Most vehicles produced today do not have adjustable

caster angle. Many early model vehicles have

adjustable caster in which road crown is compensated

for (along with camber). By setting the caster angle on

the driver’s side 1/2 degree less than the passenger side

for positive caster specifications or 1/2 degree more for

negative caster specifications, the road crown should

not cause vehicle pull in either direction.

source

http://www.spcalignment.com/PROD_DIR/SPCAl...undamentals.pdf

check it out for yourself :beer_bang:

so you were just quoting from a book hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

no i found that source last night...

i think you have little man complex...dont get your feeling hurt..

you might wanna know a little more about someone before you go and put them down about the advise they give...

funny...what i have been saying this whole time was right ...then i prove it...then all you have to say is "

so you were just quoting from a book hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha"...sounds like you might need to go back to school...i hold classes from time to time...ill front you the tuition. no charge...just beer :usa:

i looked at the ford forums and other poeple say that the steering box could have come lose and could cause this problem and other poeple say it is the pit-man arm so what could it be????

the original problem is that your pulling to the right...IF it was the pitman or gear box..you would have a problem with wearing tires(pitman arm) and a "funny feeling" while you steer...(looseness)....possibly even a shake...if you want to check the pitman and gear box..thats only if you have one,(some have rack and pinion) raise up the front tires and let the suspension hang...grab the tire at the 3 and 9 o clock position and shake left to right...you'll feel if there's any play...do this to both sides... if there is play..just look at the linkage you'll be able to spot it. if you have a rack and pinion.. look for the play..if its in the rack..then you need a inner tie rod socket..(again you stated no tire wear) I dont think this is your prob...your alignment specs points to, to much caster on the right side..it needs to come more negative(closer to 4 degree)

but like you stated before... you dont have any tire wear...just a pull to the right..your problem is in your alignment...

...Jason

the original problem is that your pulling to the right...IF it was the pitman or gear box..you would have a problem with wearing tires(pitman arm) and a "funny feeling" while you steer...(looseness)....possibly even a shake...if you want to check the pitman and gear box..thats only if you have one,(some have rack and pinion) raise up the front tires and let the suspension hang...grab the tire at the 3 and 9 o clock position and shake left to right...you'll feel if there's any play...do this to both sides... if there is play..just look at the linkage you'll be able to spot it. if you have a rack and pinion.. look for the play..if its in the rack..then you need a inner tie rod socket..(again you stated no tire wear) I dont think this is your prob...your alignment specs points to, to much caster on the right side..it needs to come more negative(closer to 4 degree)

but like you stated before... you dont have any tire wear...just a pull to the right..your problem is in your alignment...

...Jason

so the alignment it is :beercheers: